Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki ninja zx6r white/grey
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone this is my 14th motorcycle haha. My first ZX6R probably my favorite bike I’ve ever had. Just came from a Hayabusa and an mt09. I sold both and got this bike. I’ve had it a couple days only has around 200 miles on it. I’ll post some pictures. Also had an oil question I always change my oil around 200!miles and then again at 600 so there’s always an oil change in between the break-in. That’s just what I’ve always done.. anyways it only took 3.1 quarts not 3.3 and this is the level I will also have it in the pictures. Just wondering if it’s fine to ride it’s been sitting for about two hours from a hot ride and it is exactly on the full line. I used a level to make sure the bike is perfectly level yes I’m crazy lol

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
69,477 Posts
Welcome. Lol you’re fine

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome. Lol you’re fine
So I weigh 215 pounds when I sit on the bike the oil level is pass the full line and when I’m off the bike it’s right in the middle does that make any sense or am I just a fat piece of crap

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki ZX6R 636 KRT ABS
120 Posts
So I weigh 215 pounds when I sit on the bike the oil level is pass the full line and when I’m off the bike it’s right in the middle does that make any sense or am I just a fat piece of crap
I'd say you need some meds to calm that anxiety you're sporting Ace.

·
Registered
644 Posts
LOL now what do you expect me to say :) You'r just ..... fine.

Beautiful bike! I traded my 2014 for a BMW F800GT which was OK for touring. After a couple years traded it in September for a 2020 Tracer GT. You and I have come somewhat opposite paths. ZX6R was my favorite bike, Tracer GT does a good job of combining the ability to take long trips with some of the sport bike feel and power.

Your oil is fine. What I've noticed is I change the oil run it and let it sit for a couple of hours and get it in the middle or just barely above. Then go ride. Come back and check the oil the next morning and it is above the line. Therefore I check after riding but no after it has sat overnight. I have noticed this on several bikes so check and then don't worry. Think it is oil between the clutch plates that slowly settles down. Modern synthetic oils are so good the only reason to change in the first 600 miles is to get machining and early wear particles out. My Tracer GT I had changed at 600 miles but I was 1,400 miles from home and traded bikes (long story but BMW broke and stranded me in Nebraska so I repaired it and rode it to Sioux Falls SD and traded). Bought on a Wednesday and came back on Saturday with 629 miles on the bike and had the 1st service done. On my BMW I had a service contract and liked the bike but wasn't in love with it. Had the regularly scheduled services done on time - every 6,000 miles and i believe they used a BMW semi-synthetic oil. Bought with 4,700 miles and traded 26 months later with 32,000 miles. I had not trouble at all with the engine and no indication it was in anything but perfect condition. I'm a lot more laid back about oil than I used to be - I do run Motul synthetic oil in it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL now what do you expect me to say :) You'r just ..... fine.

Beautiful bike! I traded my 2014 for a BMW F800GT which was OK for touring. After a couple years traded it in September for a 2020 Tracer GT. You and I have come somewhat opposite paths. ZX6R was my favorite bike, Tracer GT does a good job of combining the ability to take long trips with some of the sport bike feel and power.

Your oil is fine. What I've noticed is I change the oil run it and let it sit for a couple of hours and get it in the middle or just barely above. Then go ride. Come back and check the oil the next morning and it is above the line. Therefore I check after riding but no after it has sat overnight. I have noticed this on several bikes so check and then don't worry. Think it is oil between the clutch plates that slowly settles down. Modern synthetic oils are so good the only reason to change in the first 600 miles is to get machining and early wear particles out. My Tracer GT I had changed at 600 miles but I was 1,400 miles from home and traded bikes (long story but BMW broke and stranded me in Nebraska so I repaired it and rode it to Sioux Falls SD and traded). Bought on a Wednesday and came back on Saturday with 629 miles on the bike and had the 1st service done. On my BMW I had a service contract and liked the bike but wasn't in love with it. Had the regularly scheduled services done on time - every 6,000 miles and i believe they used a BMW semi-synthetic oil. Bought with 4,700 miles and traded 26 months later with 32,000 miles. I had not trouble at all with the engine and no indication it was in anything but perfect condition. I'm a lot more laid back about oil than I used to be - I do run Motul synthetic oil in it.
Wow thanks for the response! That’s awesome

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Just for Visk636.........

fuck you, kawi green is the bestest bitches!!

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts