Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently installed the HotBodies Stinger slip-on onto my 2021 ZX6R. It sounds good but I now want to remove the mid pipe and that massive baffle box/muffler(someone tell me the correct term for this big hunk of metal) and run it strait from the header to the slip on. I found this, and I’m assuming it’s exactly what I’m looking

However, what’s the difference between that and

And

If anyone has any that they recommend, I’m all ears! Thanks guys.

·
Registered
14,626 Posts
The various models change construction of the OEM header pipe... '07-'08,'09-'18,'19+. All of them have the actual catalytic converter built into the header, and then have a resonator box after that before exiting through the slip on muffler.

The '19+ have a much longer section built into the header to enclose the more complex catalytic converters required to meet EU emissions standards. I can't say with certainty that the junction between the header and the resonator box is at the same point under the bike as on previous models.

Those link pipes replace the resonator box. where they start and stop, depends on the model. It also depends on what model of muffler(slip on) you intend to use. I would avoid the Akro link pipe, unless you have an Akro slip on. Everything from '09 to present uses the same frame, and the same exhaust mounting points on that frame so you should be okay in that regard.

Your highest confidence play, is to buy a link pipe which states clearly that it will work on your year bike.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so my confusion is with the fact that it says it only fits akro slip ons, but the akro slip on would have fit my OEM clamp and hole and don’t all slip ons have the same diameter so they can fit into the resonator box if not doing a full system? And if this is all true, then wouldn’t the akro link pipe also work for my HotBodies slip on? I can’t seem to find a link pipe that is for the 21 zx6r

1 - 3 of 3 Posts