Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A quick google search will bring up some discussion on this topic but the answers are mixed. First oil change is at 600 miles, I'm thinking of throwing in Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10w-40 Synthetic and continuing use from there. What do y'all think of this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And here we have the mixed answers like I was saying 😂

Just checked the manual and it state's you can use regular, semi-synthetic, and full synthetic. They don't mention oil types regarding mileage.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I've gone straight to Synthetic with all my bikes on first oil change and never had an issue (e.g. my ZX6R which I bought from new has 50,000km and basically spends all day at the track near redline and it's never needed any valve adjustments). Oil is a bit like religion though, everyone has an opinion.

If you want to go Mobil 1, do it! I have a friend who uses it in his Busa (used every day, high mileage) and swears by it. Just stick to the recommended intervals. In theory you could extend, but I personally wouldn't.

Reactions: dfdubya

·
Registered
8,439 Posts
Lots of motorcycles these days come with full synthetic from the first start up and have no issues seating the rings with full synthetic
I have always run a full synthetic from the full oil change on, and I change oil the first time at about 20-25 miles to get rid of whatever the dealerships put in and to get rid of all the machining process debris and ring seating fines that end up in the oil almost immediately

At 600 miles you are more than safe to jump to that Mobil 1 you want to run..........

·
Registered
13,212 Posts
Theyre both gonna do the same job regardless if its synthetic or conventional. They just lube shit.

·
Registered
4,282 Posts

·
Registered
13,212 Posts
Currently have the T6 in my bike too 😁

I might switch out to a different oil next time though to see if it quiets down the engine at all.

·
Registered
8,439 Posts
Theyre both gonna do the same job regardless if its synthetic or conventional. They just lube shit.
If I play like those crackheads on facecrook of lies.......... factchecker says this is partially false and misinformation!

Synthetic flows better at lower temps, is easier on parts at start up and works better and does not break down as easily at high temps and high rpm's (ie 12k and up)...marginally it may last longer too, but I would never assume that to be the case always or even most of the time on a high revving sport bike!

·
Registered
8,439 Posts
Currently have the T6 in my bike too 😁

I might switch out to a different oil next time though to see if it quiets down the engine at all.
Don't go with amsoil if you want quieter, it is the noisiest of all oils I have ever tested........

·
Registered
351 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Of all the “mechs” youll find online, youll be fine following any advice from @riverszzr when it comes to bike mx. Just future mx advice

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts