Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
After looking at that video a couple of times, and then comparing the lines of other Ducati riders as well as what they were looking at, I have to say that I agree with you all.

It looks deliberate.

And sorry, but I think a start from pit lane is too generous for deliberate contact in a no-contact sport.

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Finally watched the moto3 race out of curiosity from seeing people talk about it.

A couple of dumb moves which resulted in crashes, and a couple of dumb things like running someone off circuit on the straight...

...but...

...DAMN!! That was incredibly suspenseful -- probably the cleanest and most 'overall' mature race I've seen in a moto3 race.

And Acosta? yeah. I'll be surprised if he isn't in motogp in 3 years max. Even the commentators said that's the 'most impressive win in grand prix history'.

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
I think I agree with you on that Sandman. I don't know if 'races' is warranted, but he should definitely not be allowed to race the next race next weekend.

Ehh, it's not like Miller has been known to NOT lose his cool.

I think making him miss a race is the only way to get through to him that he's being a dumbfuck and it could cost him the factory ducati seat if it doesn't cease.

I know there isn't a point system anymore, but what's the penalty for the action? It's supposed to be black and white now. That was the whole fucking point of getting rid of points, right......?

·
Director of Moderation
10,497 Posts
The Moto 3 incident was more interesting cuz McFee got pissed afterwards and kicked Alcoba lol

Also, they got rid of the penalty point system?? Didn't know that. So how do they give out penalties now? Just make shit up as they go like they did before the point system?

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Did you guys see, Marquez has been cleared to race............

woohoo

·
Registered
384 Posts
Did you guys see, Marquez has been cleared to race............

woohoo
I am curious to see how far along his recovery he is and if he smokes everybody straight away or takes a race or two to get back to the top.

Mark

·
Registered
861 Posts
I am curious to see how far along his recovery he is and if he smokes everybody straight away or takes a race or two to get back to the top.

Mark
If he comes in right away and challenges for the win, alien confirmed. I'm fully expecting him to finish top 10'ish but towards the bottom end of that group the first 2-3 races. I highly doubt he wins the championship or is even in the running this year unless he finishes like: 10, 8 and then wins the rest of the races or at least podiums.

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
I suspect top 5 right out of the gate and 8 wins by seasons end and the championship, even with 4 or 5 crashes that don't slow him down (mind you he usually has that many in a full week at any given track- so this will be a huge improvement in not crashing)

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
I suspect top 5 right out of the gate and 8 wins by seasons end and the championship, even with 4 or 5 crashes that don't slow him down (mind you he usually has that many in a full week at any given track- so this will be a huge improvement in not crashing)

I'm not sure.

I think the biggest question mark is what has Honda actually done with this bike. Remember, they did a bunch of 'development' between 2019 and 2020 to make the bike "more friendly for other riders".

With Marc out all of last year, who knows what they've further done to the water the bike down since he's last been on it.

I have no doubt that Marquez will be able to adapt to the bike, but I don't know if the bike will have that same lethality level that it had in 2019.

81 - 94 of 94 Posts