Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Saw that, I wonder if he crashed the street version of his racebike in his "testing" when he went out dragging elbows and knees on it? or;
if he simply doesn't feel he has the strength and the pace to immediately win, so would rather sit out until he knows when he comes back- he just crushes the hopes of dreams of all those fighting for second place.........
It would not surprise me in the least to be the latter........ a year off a bike is a long time

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Honestly man, it's probably just him heeding the advise of his doctors without questioning.

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Yeah, seriously. I was bummed to see he got blitzed on the straight, but at least he was in good spirits after the race.

He'll be champion again this year if he can keep up the form he had at the last half of 2020. Not even sure Marquez can come back from a 50 point deficit unless he has another year like 2019.

Anyone know what happened to Morbidelli? Mistake? Collision? Technical issue????

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Bummer for Mir lol. Those Ducati's engines are killer.
Mir blew the last corner, came in hot and blew his drive off
in earlier laps you could see with a 3 bike lead coming out of the last corner nobody passed the bike in front til after the start finish line

He had 2nd in hand and threw it away himself trying too get too much in the final turn....
Bummer for sure, but it was all on him...

Reactions: RJ2112

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
I thought I saw the same thing, but wasn't sure if he was just a bit further off the normal line because he opened the throttle earlier, if he actually came in hot.

·
Registered
861 Posts
in earlier laps you could see with a 3 bike lead coming out of the last corner nobody passed the bike in front til after the start finish line

He had 2nd in hand and threw it away himself trying too get too much in the final turn....
Bummer for sure, but it was all on him...
True, but if those were anything other than Duc's behind him, he likely would have won still.

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
True, but if those were anything other than Duc's behind him, he likely would have won still.
Likely not, as he was running for second place not the win!!!!!

I am sure the duc's went back to fuel mapping 1 (max power and max fuel consumption) at some time during that last last just for this opportunity....The suzi should have done the same

but it is his own fault for giving away second place, you cannot run that wide and wait that long to get to the throttle and expect to keep anyone only 3 bikes or so behind to stay behind in a 150-200
yard dash to the line

·
Registered
384 Posts
+1. He was so worried about the Ducatis that he overcooked the corner and guaranteed they would pass him. You could really see it well in the helicopter view they showed during the race recap. He completely blew the corner and way offline coming onto the straight.

It was an interesting race with lots of things happening and the Ducati's getting away so well before fading back to the rest. Vinales looked fantastic. If he can carry that aggression through the season he will be in good shape. Time will tell. Jorge Martin got quite a welcome to the big class with his lightning start and then finishing 15th. He will sort himself out I am sure, but he definitely got some schooling last weekend. At least he didn't crash.

Mark

·
Registered
861 Posts
Wow, that Moto3 kid KILLED it.

That being said (and yes, I know it wasn't penalized) but Jack Miller is a straight up clown. Looks like all that bacteria from his boot (disgusting tradition if you ask me lol) finally made its way to his brain and made him go full idiot. WTH was that? Could have seriously hurt Mir and even himself. Clown move. Mir was aggressive but it didn't call for that type of retaliation. Glad to see he didn't get a podium on this day. Lost a lot of respect for him.

Meanwhile Martin shows us what it means to be a good sportsman.

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
I'm not really so convinced it was deliberate. He likely didn't even see Mir and was just on his usual corner exit.

They had an interview with both of them, and Miller basically said he was just there where I was going to be.

Now, if it WAS deliberate, Miller needs to miss a couple of races.

No excuses.

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
I'm not really so convinced it was deliberate. He likely didn't even see Mir and was just on his usual corner exit.

They had an interview with both of them, and Miller basically said he was just there where I was going to be.

Now, if it WAS deliberate, Miller needs to miss a couple of races.

No excuses.
Except you can physically see jack look out there before they hit, well before they hit..... I think it was retaliation
but that was a way hard hit and costly to drive for both of them and they both lost time and positions as a result

racing incident??? it was avoidable imo.... but miss racess, no, maybe a start from pit lane- hell we same 7 riders start from pit lane in moto3 and one of those guys still won the race, jack may do better starting with a 9 second disavantage....lol......... or start in last place next round or take away any points from this round?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Wow, that Moto3 kid KILLED it.
And in only his second GP, extremely impressive.

That being said (and yes, I know it wasn't penalized) but Jack Miller is a straight up clown.
+1. He intentionally ran into Mir in retaliation. Dumbass move for sure.

Meanwhile Martin shows us what it means to be a good sportsman.
Another great ride, with class instead of stupidity.

Mark

61 - 80 of 94 Posts