Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive bought a 2020 zx6r about 4 weeks ago. It´s got 1350 km on it. And at around 900km i noticed a rly annoying rattling sound when you start to accelerate. It goes away at 6-7k rpm I think. It might just be the engine masking the rattling. I would describe it as plastic on plastic vibrating together.

Could it be that this is just the way the bike sounds?

Btw it just does this when riding, not when reving at a stand still.
Pls help D:

·
Registered
14,136 Posts
My first guess would be loose plastics, or an extra screw or bolt rattling around. If you bought this bike new, and it's still under warranty, take it to the dealership and get them to ride the bike.

The goal is to create documentation. Odds are good it's minor; on the off chance that this is an early indication of something more serious having it logged into Kawasaki 's data base makes a warranty repair later, much easier.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My first guess would be loose plastics, or an extra screw or bolt rattling around. If you bought this bike new, and it's still under warranty, take it to the dealership and get them to ride the bike.

The goal is to create documentation. Odds are good it's minor; on the off chance that this is an early indication of something more serious having it logged into Kawasaki 's data base makes a warranty repair later, much easier.
Wow i just took a ride and it seems to be the key itself rattling in the Cylinder -.- Is that covered under waranty xD? Or do i have to get a rubber band and fix it like that

·
Registered
8,726 Posts
Wow i just took a ride and it seems to be the key itself rattling in the Cylinder -.- Is that covered under waranty xD? Or do i have to get a rubber band and fix it like that
So if you touch the key while it is making the noise the noise then disappears? let go of key it comes back?

Is it repeatable......ie........... like if you go to a dealer and tell them this, they can test ride and duplicate the problem and solution?..........if so............ maybe it would be covered............if not, then no chance of warranty (warranty despite anyones claims are really at the sole discretion of the dealer, how they present it to ma kaw determines if will be covered or not! it is all about the presentation and if the dealer wants something covered, 99% of the time it is)

Reactions: newZx6rOwner69

·
Registered
8,726 Posts
So did you take it back to a dealership and get them to replicate the problem?

Did they offer a solution? like a new ignition/lock set.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts