Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The season is over and I got in 5 track days in september, first week October. Bought a 2020 in Orange in August and turned it into a track only bike. Done with street riding for now.
So far I put on Armour bodies fairings. Replaced the battery with a lithium, replaced the exhaust with a Graves slip on.
Over the winter I have to replace the shock spring with a higher rate one for my weight..and get the thing wrapped. I was going to paint it but want something different. Might change the windscreen..and maybe the clipons.
Then we will see if I get faster and need the forks done. That will need to happen in time..just not sure when. Maybe put on those race buttons on the clip ons.
Oh..and engine guards, radiator screen...man this is like a car..never ends but easier.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Looks good man! You'll be good with the stock suspension into advanced most likely, just changing spring rate as you mentioned. I think you'll end up wanting to change the rear shock before the front suspension.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The season is over and I got in 5 track days in september, first week October. Bought a 2020 in Orange in August and turned it into a track only bike. Done with street riding for now.
So far I put on Armour bodies fairings. Replaced the battery with a lithium, replaced the exhaust with a Graves slip on.
Over the winter I have to replace the shock spring with a higher rate one for my weight..and get the thing wrapped. I was going to paint it but want something different. Might change the windscreen..and maybe the clipons.
Then we will see if I get faster and need the forks done. That will need to happen in time..just not sure when. Maybe put on those race buttons on the clip ons.
Oh..and engine guards, radiator screen...man this is like a car..never ends but easier.
View attachment 107016
Got a 21 on the way and am creating a list of things to get for track conversion. List keeps growing!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Going to get it wrapped..have something interesting in mind..

·
Registered
2017 Kawasaki ZX6R
12 Posts
View attachment 107016
Nice! I just did the same with a 2017. I am interested in your wrap design. Post it when it’s done!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Found a shop in CT that has very good reviews..have to bring the bike to them to get a price. Gave up on the idea of doing it myself..too complicated.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts