Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

121 - 140 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Nice race in Qatar :) JR hung in there pretty well and had a shot at the podium, leading the race with 6 laps to go but still netting a strong finish. Pretty tight racing for the lead all the way until the last couple of laps when Nagashima pulled away to win by more than a second, but tight between 2nd through 6th to the checkered flag.

Great to see a 1st time winner, and Joe having a strong race all the way to the finish. Looks like it might be a good year for Moto2!

·
Registered
6,205 Posts
Wow, didn’t realize they already postponed everything till mid June. With them shutting down development until the end of next year, are they under the impression they won’t be able to race at all this year? I mean why would you already make that call?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reduction in development costs.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Reduction in development costs.
But they haven’t even proven where their new bikes sit in the pecking order. They would continue to develop new parts even if they haven’t used their new machines yet? How would they even know if their going in the right direction? I would think that if one of the manufacturers was running out of money, they would start cutting costs anyway.

·
Director of Moderation
9,838 Posts
But they haven’t even proven where their new bikes sit in the pecking order. They would continue to develop new parts even if they haven’t used their new machines yet? How would they even know if their going in the right direction? I would think that if one of the manufacturers was running out of money, they would start cutting costs anyway.

Run what you got! That's the name of the game now. Hopefully they got their shit right so far, but yeah all the data they have is basically from the pre-season test they did earlier this year. That's it.

But I read an article earlier today saying that Carmelo announced that they might have to cancel the whole season if a vaccine for the virus is not available soon. That would suck :(

·
Director of Moderation
9,838 Posts
Supposedly it’s 12-18 months out.
Yep, I've heard anywhere from 6 to 18 months, but even if it's 6 months, that still means it'll be canceled. Not to mention if it is 6 months, that's probably more like the amount of time it gets tested and confirmed to work. It'll be way longer until it's available all over the world for billions of people.

·
Registered
6,205 Posts
Jack doesn't deserve that bike 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
He does. He has had great results with the satellite team and hasn't had a chance to prove himself with full factory machinery unlike the current riders with no championship win to show for it. Dovi is asking for too much $$$ and Petrux has been a hit and miss. Dovi is getting some good cash offers with KTM and Petrux can go to Aprilia or WSBK.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
He does. He has had great results with the satellite team and hasn't had a chance to prove himself with full factory machinery unlike the current riders with no championship win to show for it. Dovi is asking for too much $$$ and Petrux has been a hit and miss. Dovi is getting some good cash offers with KTM and Petrux can go to Aprilia or WSBK.

Let me beat you with your own rationale.

Point #1 -- Danilo has had better results on a factory spec Ducati than Miller has had on the same factory spec Ducati.

Point #2 -- The 'current riders' of the Ducati factory team were the first and second best Ducat riders.

Point #3 -- Results with "X" team do not matter, only the points matter.

You have nullified your own statements, again.

The expectation for Danilo in 2019 was to win (1) race and be second best Ducati. Danilo met both of those expectations.

Ducati are, for like the one-thousanth time, making a stupid decision with their riders. Totally agnostic of them signing Jack, they are taking a chance on losing Danilo. He has has a track record of improving and has finished in a higher position in the championship each year. Danilo was also second best Ducati in 2018 and he did better than Lorenzo AND Miller.

Now, if you think about the possible rationale, it still does not add up.

Miller has a history of crashing. He's a fucking jerk. He's a hothead on and off of the track.

I'd MUCH rather see Danilo dropped for someone fresh like Rea, Davies. They hired Jack because he threw a tantrum and said he'd leave Ducati altogether if he didn't get a factory ride.

·
Registered
6,205 Posts
Let me beat you with your own rationale.

Point #1 -- Danilo has had better results on a factory spec Ducati than Miller has had on the same factory spec Ducati.

Point #2 -- The 'current riders' of the Ducati factory team were the first and second best Ducat riders.

Point #3 -- Results with "X" team do not matter, only the points matter.

You have nullified your own statements, again.
Good thing I don't care about your boring opinion.

121 - 140 of 153 Posts