Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Director of Moderation
9,564 Posts

·
Registered
11,661 Posts
The Frenchman Zarco signed with the "new" satellite Avintia Ducati.

Zarco reveals Avintia Ducati deal is signed
Should've stayed with KTM and had a bike he could actually have a say in developing. Maybe he just feels his age could be a problem if he doesn't start winning right away.

Don't care how much money Ducati throws at Avintia, they aren't even close to the Pramac team and lightyears away from the factory. He's got a long season ahead if he thinks 2021 he'll be looked at for a factory ride.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
SEPANG 8 HOURS - QUALIFYING (COMBINED)

POS RIDERS (TEAM) AVERAGE

1 Morbidelli/Syahrin/Van Der Mark (Yamaha Sepang Racing) 2m 4.429s
2 Hook/Foray/Di Meglio (F.C.C. TSR Honda France) +0.717s
3 Parkes/Fritz/Canepa (YART - YAMAHA) +1.401s
4 Mykhalchyk/Reiterberger/Foray (BMW MOTORRAD WORLD ENDURANCE TEAM) +1.515s
5 Alt/Marino/Simeon (VRD IGOL PIERRET EXPERIENCES) +1.673s
6 Guarnoni/Nigon/Checa (WEBIKE SRC KAWASAKI FRANCE) +1.704s
7 Ježek/De Puniet/Rossi (Team ERC Endurance) +1.864s
8 Rea/Bergman/Maurin (Wójcik Racing Team) +1.984s
9 Zaidi/Izdihar/Chantra (Honda Asia-Dream Racing with SHOWA) +2.173s
10 Kamaruzaman/Norrodin/Da Costa (BMW Sepang Racing) +2.426s
11 Philippe/Masson/Black (Suzuki Endurance Racing Team) +3.013s
12 Hoshino/Atsumi/Ishizuka (TONE RT SYNCEDGE 4413 BMW) +3.456s
13 Rolfo/Mulhauser/Clere (MOTO AIN) +3.627s
14 Hedelin/Masbou/Perret (TECMAS BMW GMC) +3.848s
15 Leblanc/Uramoto/Tsuda (SUZUKI JEG - KAGAYAMA) +3.854s
16 Szkopek/Ellison/Hanika (MACO RACING Team) +4.098s
17 Stamm/Suchet/Walraven (Bolliger Team Switzerland) +4.119s
18 Debise/Okubo/ (National Motos) +4.154s
19 Kerschbaumer/Glöckner/Bijsterbosch (GERT56 by GS YUASA) +4.173s
20 Westmoreland/Linfoot/Nigon (MOTORS EVENTS) +4.248s
21 Techer/Denis/Enjolras (TATI TEAM BEAUJOLAIS RACING) +4.293s
22 Boulom/Gamarino/Manfredi (Team 33 Coyote Louit Moto) +4.629s
23 Scassa/Kemmer/Vitali (No Limits Motor Team) +4.669s
24 Baggi/Boscoscuro/Rosso (Team Aviobike) +4.679s
25 Loiseau/Hardt/Pilot (BMRT 3D MAXXESS NEVERS) +4.924s
26 Lussiana/Berchet/Plancassagne (3ART- MOTO TEAM 95) +5.063s
27 Yanagawa/Ito/Izutsu (KRP SANYOKOUGYOU & will raise RS-ITOH) +5.147s
28 Konno/Seller/Morais (Team R2CL) +5.278s
29 Sekiguchi/Sakai/Nagoe (TEAM PLUSONE) +5.686s
30 Antiga/Tessels/Bonnot (Rac 41) +5.905s
31 Sano/Okamura/Higashimura (TEAM HANSHIN RIDING SCHOOL) +6.091s
32 Fastré/Buchner/Godfrey (MOTOTECH EWC TEAM) +6.182s
33 Vincon/Bühn/Lewandowski (Team LRP Poland) +6.242s
34 Pellizotti/Granzottto/De La Rosa (PITLANE ENDURANCE) +6.544s
35 Kodama/Tokudome/ (Team Kodama) +6.833s
36 Nekvasil/Bos/Friedrich (HRT 100 - Hertrampf Racing Endurance) +6.980s
37 Thöni/Dangl/Walchhütter (Bertl K. Racing Team) +7.079s
38 Szkopek/Pasek/Biesiekirski (Wójcik Racing Team 2) +7.096s
39 Charpin/Diguet/Hugot (OG MOTORSPORT BY SARAZIN) +7.181s
40 Dehaye/Ströhlein/Ortiz (Motobox Kremer Racing #65) +7.488s

·
Director of Moderation
9,564 Posts
The Sepang 3 hour race was disappointing. Lol
I saw the results and was a bit confused about it. It said 8 hours of Sepang but the top team had done 80 laps which comes out to about 3 hours based on their lap times lol

·
Registered
11,661 Posts
Bradley Smith visited Aprilia Official yesterday after the news about Iannone. Wonder if they're securing a rider just in case his second sample pops a positive result too. :O

·
Registered
22 Posts
Man, steroids and its related mess is now making inroads into MotoGP? Didn't even know that was a thing in this type of sport. It's already ruined a bunch of sports I like...great...
Just an FYI there have been multiple cases of athletes testing for illegal substances, then turning around and filing lawsuits against supplement companies for not disclosing all the ingredients in their product. Or lacking quality control procedures for product that is tainted with banned substances. Also, I believe WADA has been under the scope in the past for completely fucking testing up

Sometimes companies make batches with different components in them for different parts of the world, and once in a while product intended for one part of the world or regulations will be tainted with banned substances.

AI29 is a crazy MOFO, but other than party drugs, I dont see him using gear.. With racing bikes you definitely aren't looking for muscle mass, so there really isn't a reason for him to be using a steroid..

Blood doping would also be a HUGE "why would you do that" Cyclist use this, but a cycle race is far more demanding than racing motorbikes IMO, and its relatively EASY to stay in shape for bike racing...

a GP race is 38-48 minutes long while a cyclist is using a VAST amount of their muscles for hours at a time. Sure you could throw in the argument that GP racers are also running practice and qualifying. However, out of all the laps run in those sessions I would argue that less than 20-30% of them are at max attack or near max attack..

Only other reason he'd be juicing would be injury recovery... but why do that going into the off season?

IMO.... Innocent until Sample B comes back positive as well and we get the actual scoop on what substance was found.

Just seems a little odd..

·
Registered
11,661 Posts
Yamaha wants their 2nd best lead development rider ever back. lol

Lorenzo offered Yamaha MotoGP test role for 2020
Fixed that for ya... ;)

I was elated to see this news. Not for any other reason that I think that JLo deserves to be happy again on a motorcycle. I think he lost that when he went to Honda. I was never a huge fan of his but I do like seeing him happy in retirement. And Yamaha needs the best they can get in test riders. They're behind the curve and Jorge is the perfect guy to have testing and developing.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I'm with @Trainwreck66, don't see AI29 using steroids deliberately. Result is not good for anyone, why the announcement before B sample testing? Ive worked where we had to undergo random drug testing. Never got called after my major surgeries when I had been taking potent pain meds.

Good for Lorenzo to test for Yamaha, he will bring a lot of mental data with him. He has been at Ducati and Honda so will have a look at stuff others are doing. Will be interesting to see how he and Rossi get along.

61 - 80 of 92 Posts