Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

401 - 420 of 422 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
I'm so sick of seeing all these cynics /crusty old fucks / fanboys and etc. shitting on everything they don't like.
It is the social media way. People now have a megaphone to bitch about everything in the world and they do. Don't let the sour bastards get to you, just enjoy the racing for what you get out of it.

Man I’m glad I wasn’t the only one who thought that was a bit of a Snoozer. Valencia is a boring looking track on TV.
It was pretty processional all right. The track is not a favourite of most riders because it is tight and fiddly and hard to race on. It looks to me like it would be fun to ride on a 600 for a duffer like myself, but it looks pretty awful for the MotoGP bikes.

And then there is this:

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
I must have missed the change on the Iannone 4 year ban from racing......... I originally thought it was just an entire season. jesus that sucks for him and the team (although the team seems to be doing pretty well without him this year....

Don't do drugs!!! (or....... atleast don't get caught doing drugs!)

Reactions: laggy311

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
It is the social media way. People now have a megaphone to bitch about everything in the world and they do. Don't let the sour bastards get to you, just enjoy the racing for what you get out of it.
Yeah, I don't let it affect the sport or my enjoyment of it, but it does fuel my general disdain for people.

FYI -- my comment wasn't directed at anyone in this discussion, moreso a general blanket statement on toxic, stupid people.

·
Director of Moderation
10,315 Posts
Yeah, I don't let it affect the sport or my enjoyment of it, but it does fuel my general disdain for people.

FYI -- my comment wasn't directed at anyone in this discussion, moreso a general blanket statement on toxic, stupid people.
I mean it's called a personal opinion, and we're all entitled to it....don't have to agree with everyone. I've expressed my opinion before on here and my reasoning for it why I, PERSONALLY, wouldn't have called Mir a true champion had he won without a single race win. Don't have to agree with that, I wouldn't expect everyone to anyway, and as far as Mir and Dorna are concerned the championship title is still valid because the points are the only thing that matters. Not saying it's right or wrong either, it's just an opinion that's all.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I understand disdain for people. As a group we don't seem to be much smarter than cattle.

I didn't think it was. Everyone here has been pretty rational and reasonable. It is possible to disagree without turning into monkeys chucking shit at each other but it normally doesn't work that way on lots of the interwebz.

Mark

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
13,426 Posts
I understand disdain for people. As a group we don't seem to be much smarter than cattle.

I didn't think it was. Everyone here has been pretty rational and reasonable. It is possible to disagree without turning into monkeys chucking shit at each other but it normally doesn't work that way on lots of the interwebz.

Mark
Flinging poo

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
13,426 Posts
So, since Mugello is near and dear to all of us.. Even if it’s not your favorite track, it’s always up there. F1 has raced there this year. I think Hamilton demonstrates why the track is arguably best design of all time. The way it seems to allow you to go faster and faster, depending on vehicle setup and precision of corner entry/exit. With that opinion, I’m going to post this here. Because no other group of people I know, know the turns of Mugello like MotoGP fans. And therefore, what it takes to lap Mugello like it’s a go cart track...

·
Director of Moderation
10,315 Posts
So, since Mugello is near and dear to all of us.. Even if it’s not your favorite track, it’s always up there. F1 has raced there this year. I think Hamilton demonstrates why the track is arguably best design of all time. The way it seems to allow you to go faster and faster, depending on vehicle setup and precision of corner entry/exit. With that opinion, I’m going to post this here. Because no other group of people I know, know the turns of Mugello like MotoGP fans. And therefore, what it takes to lap Mugello like it’s a go cart track...
Jesus Christ! A 1:15 at Mugello! That's like 30 seconds faster than top MotoGP guys, which is already insanely fast. I bet even advance group track day pace there for guys on 1000cc bikes is like 2:00 or higher lol

·
Registered
345 Posts
And therefore, what it takes to lap Mugello like it’s a go cart track...
Holy chit. I never thought I would see footage that makes that big, stupid fast, incredible track look so small and trivial. About 2/3 the way through the lap he brakes well beyond the 50m board and slams about 4 downshifts as he turns into the corner. It is all so compressed it was like watching a video game.

I echo sbk1198's shock at a 1:15 lap there, that is mind boggling.

Mark

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
13,426 Posts
Holy chit. I never thought I would see footage that makes that big, stupid fast, incredible track look so small and trivial. About 2/3 the way through the lap he brakes well beyond the 50m board and slams about 4 downshifts as he turns into the corner. It is all so compressed it was like watching a video game.

I echo sbk1198's shock at a 1:15 lap there, that is mind boggling.
Literally makes the track seem so much smaller than it is.

And yes, brakes. All the comparisons between F1, LMP1 cars, MotoGP (silly in this case), comes down to brakes. Late braking in an F1 car, blows the turn in any other vehicle. They also must consider that the car gets lighter as it slows, due to aerodynamic forces. So he’s modulating from 50 to 25 to 15 etc.

Glad you guys got a kick out of it

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
13,426 Posts
This is on Honda for allowing him back on the bike days after a broken arm. Either greedy on their part, or if he was pushing, they acted like cucks. I get that these guys have a drive to succeed, but unlike car racing, wrecking is so common during practice, qualifying and racing, that you take a known major risk coming back too soon.

Hope he takes the prescribed time-off, and does the therapy FIRST. Else we may be robbed of him proving he's the GOAT.

Reactions: Ilya and Cb750r

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #414
This is on Honda for allowing him back on the bike days after a broken arm. Either greedy on their part, or if he was pushing, they acted like cucks. I get that these guys have a drive to succeed, but unlike car racing, wrecking is so common during practice, qualifying and racing, that you take a known major risk coming back too soon.

Hope he takes the prescribed time-off, and does the therapy FIRST. Else we may be robbed of him proving he's the GOAT.
If he retires due to this injury because of rushing back, man that would SUCK so bad.

·
Director of Moderation
10,315 Posts
If he retires due to this injury because of rushing back, man that would SUCK so bad.
Lol...he's not gonna retire. He's got some unfinished business left to do. His passion for winning is unlike any other. Marquez will not leave the sport until he's either incapable of racing a bike or he surpasses Rossi's records. It sucks that he missed an entire season, but he'll be back.

I just don't get what's so complicated about his injury. It's a humerus fracture. Nothing crazy, yeah it's a decent sized bone, but generally it takes a few months to heal and you're good to go. He fucked it up early on rushing it, but you'd think the 2nd surgery would've put everything back where it's supposed to go, another plate, and let it sit for a while. I'm wondering if he just can't sit still for a few weeks like most of us and he felt the need to constantly work out in some ways and it never healed like it should because of that.

·
Director of Moderation
10,315 Posts
Yamaha hired Crutchlow to replace Lorenzo as their MotoGP test rider. Gonna miss Crutchlow in MotoGP.

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
13,426 Posts

·
Director of Moderation
10,315 Posts
At the beginning of this season I would've never put my money on Mir. But good job to him and Suzuki!

Also that last lap battle was freakin awesome!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Congrats to Mir. He found a good stretch of consistency (and won a race! ;)) that put him over the top while the rest stumbled badly.

Considering engine specs and development are frozen for 2021 you have to think Suzuki are looking pretty good for next season as well. If Marc is back then he will of course win the title, but Suzuki looks to be the best bike with two solid riders getting better by the week.

Yamaha and Ducati won't be looking ahead to 2021 with quite the same optimism, I expect. They both seem to have badly missed the mark with their 2020 bikes and are stuck with them for another whole season before they can make fundamental changes.

Mark

401 - 420 of 422 Posts