Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

361 - 380 of 422 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Is a winless champion a better mark of consistency and ability to ride at a high level on any day on multiple tracks than a rider that excels only on certain tracks on certain days? Is it better to be a consistent rider on a machine that’s consistent... I’d rather be in the hunt every weekend than be hot and cold from week to week. If the point system favoured the winners more the last few seasons would’ve been wrapped up waaaay before the season ended. First season in ages without a Marquez or a Stoner Rossi Lorenzo and here we are complaining the championship is so close a rider who hasn’t won a race is leading seems a bit short sighted.

·
Director of Moderation
10,315 Posts
Is a winless champion a better mark of consistency and ability to ride at a high level on any day on multiple tracks than a rider that excels only on certain tracks on certain days? Is it better to be a consistent rider on a machine that’s consistent... I’d rather be in the hunt every weekend than be hot and cold from week to week.
That's fair. Everyone has different goals and aspirations. Personally, I'm the other way around. Maybe that's because I've done 2 full seasons of club racing as an expert now and haven't had a win yet, even though I often finished around 3rd-6th. I would love to be able to win a few races just to say that on THAT day I was the best on the grid, even if I don't win a championship. But to each their own. Maybe if I was racing in MotoGP where a championship win could mean a $5 million bonus, then I would think otherwise.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey that’s a totally fair place to be coming from, and as a racer in those few spots off the podium maybe you know better than myself that the step from 6-3 up to first is pretty big and a “champion” who hasn’t won a race has indeed not “conquered” his rivals. All I know is I’m getting my money’s worth out of this season of MotoGP!!

·
Director of Moderation
10,315 Posts
Hey that’s a totally fair place to be coming from, and as a racer in those few spots off the podium maybe you know better than myself that the step from 6-3 up to first is pretty big and a “champion” who hasn’t won a race has indeed not “conquered” his rivals. All I know is I’m getting my money’s worth out of this season of MotoGP!!
Yeah, it would be awesome if the season goes down to the last round and be 3 riders with a chance for a win. Kinda like Moto 3 was back in 2013 or 2014 when at the last round Rins, Vinales and Salom were covered by 5 points and since the 3 of them were almost always on the podium that year and it came down to whoever won the race won the championship. And IIRC it even came down to the last lap!

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
It's been a weird season. It really seems like nobody wants to win. Marc would have taken the title without a struggle if he was there.

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
13,426 Posts
I think it’s right place, right time for many champions in Motorsport. I think Keke Rosberg won F1 with only one win. Niki Lauda, really good driver Jody Schekter for Ferrari. Prost had a couple 4 win championships.

This is the parity everyone wants. Marquez will be back. And all will be dominating again. The points system rewards winning, but it also rewards consistency amongst a group of young racers.

I think it’s been an exciting season. I miss seeing Marquez and that ticking clock every race of “When is he gonna turn it up to 11?”. But this is nice too.

I’m really excited to see Pol on the Honda.

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
13,426 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Holy crap... that writer got caught in the 2020 toilet bowl swirl of doom with the end of that article. Hope he has family or friends keeping an eye out for him.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
In its report, Mundo Deportivo suggested a third operation is being considered, prompting Repsol Honda to state: "Marc Marquez’s recovery is proceeding as planned. While it is a long and intense recovery, Marc and those [in] his team have no cause for concern."

Honda did not explicitly deny the possibility of Marc requiring a third surgery.

Intentional semantic misdirection? Who knows :poop:

·
Registered
61 Posts
As someone with a decent amount of hardware in my body, watching that kid do push-ups and lifting weights after his first surgery, was like watching him ride back to the front of the pack after his slide, astonishing but cringe worthy. I hope he’s able to return to competition when he’s ready, but I hope he listens to the doctors and his body and let’s himself recover before he risks it again.

·
Director of Moderation
10,315 Posts
As someone with a decent amount of hardware in my body, watching that kid do push-ups and lifting weights after his first surgery, was like watching him ride back to the front of the pack after his slide, astonishing but cringe worthy. I hope he’s able to return to competition when he’s ready, but I hope he listens to the doctors and his body and let’s himself recover before he risks it again.
Agreed. Not that I know the exact extent of his injury but I think he pushed himself too hard too soon after that first surgery and made things worse. If he would've sat his ass on a couch like most of us normal people he might've been fit to race by now. A guy I know broke his humerus (upper arm) in a crash at Summit Point last summer and he was out for a while, but got back on the bike and raced about 4 months later or something like that. Despite being an impatient youngster with racing motorcycles being his life basically, he was patient enough to let the bone heal up and not put much stress on it during those months.

·
Director of Moderation
10,315 Posts
Garrett Gerloff to replace Rossi at Yamaha at Valencia if Rossi doesn't test negative for Covid in the next couple of days or so!

·
Registered
182 Posts
These racers are not the kind of people to sit on their ass for long..it must kill them to have to do that..they are not..like us.

361 - 380 of 422 Posts