?

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
12,594 Posts
I own it. Well worth the $300

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Well, since nobody posted anything after the last race, let's pose the question. We are halfway through the season. It goes without saying that since Marquez is out of most races this season, let alone title contention, all "season predictions" are out the window for races and the 2020 champion. So, question is now:

Who's the favorite for the title now?

My top 3 prediction at the beginning of the year was:
1 -- Marquez
2 -- Dovi
3 -- Vinales or Quartararo

I wasn't planning on KTM or Suzuki (Mir) being anywhere close to as competitive as they are.

So, since we're halfway now, let's reshuffle our predictions for the rest of the year.

That said, I'm going to go with Dovi or Mir for first and Vinales and Quartararo for second and third. I don't believe that Vinales or FQ have the consistency or drive to perform well enough at every track to earn enough points to snag the title.

I'd love to hear everyone elses thoughts on this.

·
Registered
7,877 Posts
Marquez comes back next round this weekend in his home turf and wins out and takes the championship???? obviously nobody else wants it!

oh wait..............

Honestly I would love to see Mir take it on the suzi........or any suzi take it............ fuck fukaduc and fuck honda and ktm- meh not interested

Reactions: laggy311

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
12,594 Posts
Marquez comes back next round this weekend in his home turf and wins out and takes the championship???? obviously nobody else wants it!

oh wait..............

Honestly I would love to see Mir take it on the suzi........or any suzi take it............ fuck fukaduc and fuck honda and ktm- meh not interested
I had high hopes for A Espargaro on the Suzuki a few years back.

·
Director of Moderation
10,140 Posts
This season everything has been crazy and tough to predict. I know this will be wrong in the end but here's my prediction for top 5:

1. Vinales
2. Dovi
3. Quartararo
4. Mir
5. Binder

This all assuming Marquez will be out for a few more races. If he comes back starting with this next round and he's physically capable to finish a race, I could see him getting a top 5 honestly. But with him out of championship contention, I would love to see Ducati win again (fuck Susucky...since rivers expressed his feelings on the matter), but would also love to see Quartararo win and be the first non-factory MotoGP winner. Don't really care for Vinales but I think he's got the best chances. I would be happy to see Binder win it as well, but I think he's a bit too far off and not consistent enough yet.

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
2021 factory Ducati with Miller and Bagnaia.

Dovi looks kind of miserable. Seen a lot MotoGP riders get burned out with the pressure.

·
Director of Moderation
10,140 Posts

Dovi looks kind of miserable. Seen a lot MotoGP riders get burned out with the pressure.
Yeah I don't think he's very motivated anymore, and now after this race it's probably even less.

·
Registered
5,173 Posts

I'm not surprised at all. Bagnia suffered on the 2018 bike but the 2020 has allowed him to show his speed. He's going to be their #1 guy next year without a doubt.

I'd also be unsurprised if Ducati drops Zarco altogether. This dude just cannot stay out of trouble. This incident wasn't his fault necessarily, but .... numbers speak for themselves.

·
Registered
7,877 Posts
So still 6 races to go..........

Marquez could realistically win all 6 if Honda decides to let him ride again this season (which seems unlikely) but he is physically ready to go and mentally willing and eager based on his recent "interviews" this past week.....

if he did, 6x25 is 150 points........... now typically it takes in excess of 200 points to be champion but this year it seems nobody wants to win or be consistent, and even with another Quattararo win yesterday his inconsistency says he doesn't even get to 150 points especially if Marquesz returns, and the other shlubs up in the top 5 also have been far from consistent and likewise will likely not get to 150-160 points for the entire season

2020 may well end up with a "champion" who only scores 150-160 points all season

if I was Honda, I would let Marquez loose and go take the championship nobody else wants........ I bet at worst he would finish top 5 for the season, but he actually has a legitimate shot of winning it, IMO.... They should have let him compete this past round on his home turf

Reactions: jd41

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
If he's healthy I say let him go! Rins has been riding with a shoulder injury.

Also, didn't know Rossi got bumped from factory Yamaha to SRT (albeit on factory bike). Who is taking his spot?
It seems like it's a pretty complicated answer.

Every 5 years, a manufacturer has to renew their contract to have presence in the championship, and 2021 is the last year that Yamaha is currently confirmed as in the championship.

I have zero doubt that they will renew, but apparently this has been called out as a factor in contract negotiations.

Vinales and Quartararo have signed 2021 and 2022 contracts with Yamaha, and will be the factory team riders. I do not know if the 'manufacturer championship' negotiations have anything to do with their contracts, but I believe it came into play for Rossi since he is contracted or has certain guarantees directly from Yamaha (factory support, factory bike, development input), despite being signed TO the Petronas team.

301 - 315 of 315 Posts