Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

281 - 300 of 313 Posts

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
Ducati isn't going to bring Zarco to the factory team after all of the bullshit he's already caused this season.

If it's not Bagnia, it'll be.....................?

But at the end of the season, Ducati will have lost yet another potential world championship winning rider.

What is Ducati going to do next year when they have nobody that will consistently fight for wins? I'd honestly be surprised if a Ducati is even on the podium in half the races.

Ducati is going to continue to push away talent until they end up like Honda.
Most riders in MotoGP are potential world championship winning riders given they have the right machine and team.

·
Director of Moderation
10,140 Posts
Ducati isn't going to bring Zarco to the factory team after all of the bullshit he's already caused this season.

If it's not Bagnia, it'll be.....................?

But at the end of the season, Ducati will have lost yet another potential world championship winning rider.

What is Ducati going to do next year when they have nobody that will consistently fight for wins? I'd honestly be surprised if a Ducati is even on the podium in half the races.

Ducati is going to continue to push away talent until they end up like Honda.
They got Miller, they'll be alright lol And Bagnaia has showed a bit of spark before he got injured. What they need is Binder or Quartararo or Oliveira.

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Glad to see Morbidelli finally get that win. It's been a long time coming after his terrible luck with the Honda.

Also happy to see Bagnia back in action and fighting at the pointy end. Only a matter of time before he gets promoted to the factory team.

I think the ride of the day for me would go to Mir. He did quite well to move forward through some hard to pass riders and get another podium.

·
Director of Moderation
10,140 Posts
Boring race. Not a fan of the creeping activism.
What does that mean?

But yeah, not the most exciting race. Haven't got a chance to watch Moto 2 yet.

·
Registered
453 Posts
It was nothing blatant, which was good. I just wouldn't want it to go the way of the NBA, NFL etc.

Morbidelli opens up on Spike Lee-inspired Misano helmet message
Hes trying to win over america fans. With joe roberts gaining popularity, im assuming more americans are watching motogp because there hasnt been alot of other sports to watch. Morbidelli knows that Rossi has the hearts of the italians so hes trying to capture a bigger fan base. I understand the move but I dont like it. This could backfire on him though. A lot of people are sick of seeing politics in every facet of their lives, mostly rednecks, which is probably where the extra viewers are coming from, if there are any. I don’t know. This is just my speculation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Hes trying to win over america fans. With joe roberts gaining popularity, im assuming more americans are watching motogp because there hasnt been alot of other sports to watch. Morbidelli knows that Rossi has the hearts of the italians so hes trying to capture a bigger fan base. I understand the move but I dont like it. This could backfire on him though. A lot of people are sick of seeing politics in every facet of their lives, mostly rednecks, which is probably where the extra viewers are coming from, if there are any. I don’t know. This is just my speculation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think most people would agree with you. I think all sports need to look at the NFL. They went from constantly selling out most of their stadiums to not being able to give tickets away.

At the end of the day, (almost) nobody gives a fuck about mixing athletes and politics. JoeBlo gets paid a bazillion dollars a year to throw a football, so go through the fucking football.

·
Director of Moderation
10,140 Posts
I think most people would agree with you. I think all sports need to look at the NFL. They went from constantly selling out most of their stadiums to not being able to give tickets away.

At the end of the day, (almost) nobody gives a fuck about mixing athletes and politics. JoeBlo gets paid a bazillion dollars a year to throw a football, so go through the fucking football.
Exactly! Also gotta love the irony of a company like Nike paying football players or other athletes millions in sponsorship and use them to speak out against oppression when they're paying chinese workers in their factories in basically peanuts to make athletic gear. Just stfu and keep politics and other BS out of sports.

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
I agree. Keep politics out of sports.

---

Also, speaking out about racism in Italy or what? Sounds ridiculous. All he's doing is virtue signaling.

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
12,567 Posts
Exactly! Also gotta love the irony of a company like Nike paying football players or other athletes millions in sponsorship and use them to speak out against oppression when they're paying chinese workers in their factories in basically peanuts to make athletic gear. Just stfu and keep politics and other BS out of sports.
Truth

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
12,567 Posts
This one is going in random bs.

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
12,567 Posts
So let me get this one straight. So privileged white people protesting for BLM is cultural appropriation, but multi-millionaire black athletes taking a knee for poor black people is not?!?!

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Yes, but not only did he finish fourth in that championship, he was on a satellite bike back when there was a huge disparity between factory spec and satellite hand me down. Andrea has clearly improved since then as well.

Also, I've never really been a fan of Maverick based on his attitude, but it may be interesting to see what he can do on the "best bike". I'm sure the Ducati still has some of Lorenzo influenced DNA that he may find familiar to his own preferences.

I at least think it would be interesting to see.

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
Test times today

POS RIDER NAT TEAM TIME/DIFF SESSION
1 Maverick Vinales SPA Monster Yamaha (YZR-M1) 1m 31.532s 2
2 Takaaki Nakagami JPN LCR Honda (RC213V) +0.271s 2
3 Johann Zarco FRA Reale Avintia (GP19) +0.367s 2
4 Pol Espargaro SPA Red Bull KTM (RC16) +0.522s 1
5 Alex Rins SPA Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) +0.582s 2
6 Joan Mir SPA Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) +0.630s 2
7 Francesco Bagnaia ITA Pramac Ducati (GP20) +0.675s 1