Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

261 - 280 of 313 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Question, why would KTM be in Motogp, moto2, and moto3 if they don’t plan on making any more sportbikes? I mean thats kinda of why you would go racing, to develop new technology, is it not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Director of Moderation
10,140 Posts
Question, why would KTM be in Motogp, moto2, and moto3 if they don’t plan on making any more sportbikes? I mean thats kinda of why you would go racing, to develop new technology, is it not?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well maybe they will. Development always takes a few years. So maybe in a few years they'll come out with some cool bikes.

But they're still making sport bikes, so I'm not sure why you think they don't plan on making anymore.

·
Director of Moderation
10,140 Posts
What a race though, holy crap!! Another rare red flag in MotoGP. Two in back-to-back races. First win ever for Tech 3 and Herve Pontural, first win for Portugal. Crazy shit, but I gotta feel bad for Mir. He was running away with that race before the red flag.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #265
Gotta feel bad for Pol and Mir in successive weeks. Races ruined by red flags.

That being said, having watched that off season 'day in the life' video of Miguel, happy to see him win. Great race. Also, great sportsmanship by Pol and Jack at the end both giving shoutout to other riders, etc.

Yamaha is a disaster. If Vinales was smart, he'd be looking at going to Ducati or something. Ever since Lorenzo left, the Yamaha has turned into complete crap. It's a surprise Fabio was doing what he was earlier in the year but even he is struggling now.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Gotta feel bad for Pol and Mir in successive weeks. Races ruined by red flags.
+1 to that. It makes me wonder why tire changes are allowed on a red flag. Forcing everyone to keep the same rubber would make them all live with their initial choice, good or bad.

Nice to see Oliviera win, though. He has had a stretch of crap luck with other people taking him out. For once it went his way. Looks like KTM are going to feature at the front for the rest of the season now, the progress they have made since Dani came on board has been impressive.

Mark

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Bragging rights? They just within the last month said they have no interest in developing a sportbike.

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Random thought that has been in my brain.

I wonder what would happen if Rossi went to Ducati to finish his career, and Dovi went to Yamaha.

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
Random thought that has been in my brain.

I wonder what would happen if Rossi went to Ducati to finish his career, and Dovi went to Yamaha.
Ducati would never trust a word he says about bike development lol. Dovi was already on a Yamaha and did what he is known to do; he did just ok.

·
Director of Moderation
10,140 Posts
Ducati would never trust a word he says about bike development lol. Dovi was already on a Yamaha and did what he is known to do; he did just ok.
I'd say he did better than ok. He was often times top satellite rider and had quite a few 4-6th place finishes on the Tech 3 yamaha. Not as good as Fabio has done, but better than many other satellite yamaha riders.

·
Registered
6,459 Posts

What I'm hearing is that Dovi is leaving because Ducati would not listen or support him in the way they should.
To be fair, Ducati has always been known to not listen to their rider's input so its nothing new.

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Zarco to replace Dovi at Ducati?

I hope so :D

Ducati rider announcements at Misano 2?

Ducati isn't going to bring Zarco to the factory team after all of the bullshit he's already caused this season.

If it's not Bagnia, it'll be.....................?

But at the end of the season, Ducati will have lost yet another potential world championship winning rider.

What is Ducati going to do next year when they have nobody that will consistently fight for wins? I'd honestly be surprised if a Ducati is even on the podium in half the races.

Ducati is going to continue to push away talent until they end up like Honda.

261 - 280 of 313 Posts