Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

181 - 200 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Why does he need to come back now? Why can’t he just piss around for a little while longer? Maybe he’s got his eye on a bike that he hasn’t won a championship on and he’s waiting for a seat to open up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any manufacturer would make room to give Stoner a ride.

He isn't riding because he doesn't want to, he just doesn't want to become irrelevant.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Oof! Big yikes. 24 years is a bit asinine though for tax evasion. F'in hate taxes (especially because most governments frivolous spend them on stupid ****).
You can always tell the things that governments really hate by how they prosecute stuff. They don't really care much about violent crime, but they sure do hate it when people keep the money they've made instead of handing it over to the thieving politicians.

Say it with your vote.

Vote libertarian ;)
+1, nice to find a fellow traveller here. 🍻

Mark

·
Registered
781 Posts
I agree with all of that. I think the only reason Alex got the factory ride was because of his last name. I too would've picked Binder instead if I was going strictly off performance.
I think the question is - how much value does HRC put in keeping their dominant star happy? What kind of loss is it to their brand if MM93 decided to move to Ducati or Yamaha? If they think that putting Alex in seat #2 keeps Marc planted in Repsol colors for his entire career, maybe that's more important than how their #2 rider is doing? I mean really, who cares in the long run if Pol Espargaro comes in 4th in the rider standings, or if Alex comes in 7th?

For example, who really cared about Yamaha's #2 when Rossi was on top? You could speculate that they may have done better leaving Lorenzo off and bringing in a less effective 2nd rider that would not have created so much divisiveness in the garage.

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
I think the question is - how much value does HRC put in keeping their dominant star happy? What kind of loss is it to their brand if MM93 decided to move to Ducati or Yamaha? If they think that putting Alex in seat #2 keeps Marc planted in Repsol colors for his entire career, maybe that's more important than how their #2 rider is doing? I mean really, who cares in the long run if Pol Espargaro comes in 4th in the rider standings, or if Alex comes in 7th?

For example, who really cared about Yamaha's #2 when Rossi was on top? You could speculate that they may have done better leaving Lorenzo off and bringing in a less effective 2nd rider that would not have created so much divisiveness in the garage.

If it is true that Pol is signing up with Honda for 2021, I would bet my house that HRC discussed this in the deepest of depths with Marc prior to doing aaaaa nnn y t h i n g.

I honestly would not be surprised if Marc is solely focused on his own career and his own needs from Honda. To me, he just does not seem like the type to give ultimatums hinging on someone else's career.

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
We want to thank you for sticking with us until the season restarts.
As a thanks, we're extending your VideoPass subscription until the first race of the 2021 season

MotoGP you can go eat a dick. This equates to basically a free extension to off-season pass. If I recall, the off-season pass can usually be purchased for $1.

·
Director of Moderation
9,951 Posts
MotoGP you can go eat a dick. This equates to basically a free extension to off-season pass. If I recall, the off-season pass can usually be purchased for $1.
Yeah I thought that was BS when I got the email. Not even a single race from next year covered. Nobody gives a shit about the season pass, if you've already seen everything by the end of the season. And yeah like you said, the season pass is pretty much free if you're on a renewal basis, like I have been for years. Not that I was expecting a partial refund or a whole year extension, but would've been nice to get like a 20-25% discount on next year's.

·
Registered
480 Posts
It has been interesting to watch all kinds of pro sports struggle with the loss of revenue. Not sure what their sponsorship contracts are like but not having races has to be impacting their revenue stream. IMO for way too long racing has been too much about dominant money and not the best riders and bikes. I see motorcycle racing in particular struggling even before. How many of the riders outside of the top tier are even being paid?

Of course they don't want to give any money back but at some point I would have to consider that after paying to view a seasons races and then they didn't have races would be a breech of contract and they should refund the money. They are really working (very badly) to keep from having to give the revenue up. Sorry MotoGP but you didn't deliver and should refund.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have to agree. I download races on torrents now because I think they are grossly overpriced. Not offering at least half of next season free to existing subscribers is completely classless on their part. It's like they are trying to piss people off and drive them away.

IMO for way too long racing has been too much about dominant money and not the best riders and bikes.
This is a very simplistic view of racing. There are lots of spec class low budget options to see who the best rider is. Everything else costs serious $$$ and someone has to pay for that.

How many of the riders outside of the top tier are even being paid?
So does this mean you don't think there is enough money in racing? Or too much?

Sorry MotoGP but you didn't deliver and should refund.
This sums it up completely and MotoGP are being incredibly tone deaf by not recognizing it.

Mark

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
It has been interesting to watch all kinds of pro sports struggle with the loss of revenue. Not sure what their sponsorship contracts are like but not having races has to be impacting their revenue stream. IMO for way too long racing has been too much about dominant money and not the best riders and bikes. I see motorcycle racing in particular struggling even before. How many of the riders outside of the top tier are even being paid?

Of course they don't want to give any money back but at some point I would have to consider that after paying to view a seasons races and then they didn't have races would be a breech of contract and they should refund the money. They are really working (very badly) to keep from having to give the revenue up. Sorry MotoGP but you didn't deliver and should refund.

Despite the price hike that's inflated over the last few years (for some unknown reason....?), I was and still am completely ok with them retaining the $ I paid to have access to the 2020 season.

However, it would have been nice to see them do SOMETHING (as I really don't consider this approach to be jack shit) for customers who did pay full price and were also affected by this shortened 2020 season. I don't think that a 25% discount for the 2021 season is much to ask honestly, and that's strictly for (2020) customers. I don't even care about long term subscribers as they already got what they paid for.

As far as them paying the riders, that's not my problem. Go figure that out with the manufacturers and your sponsors.

181 - 200 of 209 Posts