Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
I've got nothing to say about the 2020 season - I just want a post near the top so my name always shows up when people open the thread :)

Oh wait - I'll log the first Lorenzo forecast in the thread - quits or is fired from Honda before the first event of the '20 season, Honda does a surprise hire out of Moto2, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Augusto Fernandez....

·
Director of Moderation
9,564 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
I can't say I'm really surprised. He has struggled for more than a year with injuries and crap results on the Honda. He's won everything there is to win and is old enough to start thinking it just isn't worth it to finish DFL in every race. I hope he isn't quitting like this, he is a great rider and this is a terrible way to wrap up a stellar career.

Mark

·
Registered
413 Posts
Agree a bad way to go out. About the time he was getting good results on the Ducati he goes to Honda and gets nothing. I'm old and have seen many folks get impatient and quit or leave something only to have the situation turn around just after they leave. There is a time to change or quit and Lorenzo need to go but cant help but wonder what if he had stayed at Yamaha or Ducati. Keep hoping that Yamaha will step it's game up and be competitive again, if Ducti could get just a bit better then maybe we could see some exciting racing.

As for renewal, I'll think about it when they get some good competition. For now BeInSports is good enough.

·
Director of Moderation
9,564 Posts
This guy...freakin savage! :laugh

Attachments

·
Director of Moderation
9,564 Posts
With all 3 classes being settled for the winners, I think the most exciting thing about this weekend for me is seeing how Sean Dylan Kelly does in Moto 2! First time on a Moto 2 bike, and he'll be running #69 number and logo as a tribute to Nicky Hayden.

I met him at NJMP when he came over to practice before MotoAmerica this year. Nice kid and really talented. He won the 2-hour team challenge race, on a GSXR 1000 that he had never ridden before, which belonged to his teammate and it was his first time riding at that track.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Trying to decide whether I'm signing up for next year. Getting tired of Marc's "tactics". I don't want to keep seeing the Marquez show every year. He looks so pathetic following his opponents every single practice session, especially last time with Quartararo qualifying and almost coming to a standstill instead of passing him.

·
Director of Moderation
9,564 Posts
Trying to decide whether I'm signing up for next year. Getting tired of Marc's "tactics". I don't want to keep seeing the Marquez show every year. He looks so pathetic following his opponents every single practice session, especially last time with Quartararo qualifying and almost coming to a standstill instead of passing him.
But it worked most times. He's far from being the only one who does that. I've seen probably 1/3 of the MotoGP guys do that, and most of the people in Moto 3 do that. That's why it's called "strategy" or "tactics". Although I think it's dumb when the championship leader and winner does it when he doesn't really have to. Makes more sense when someone like Crutchlow, Miller, Iannone, Espargaro, Petrucci, etc. follows Marquez or Quartararo to gain an advantage.

·
Registered
11,661 Posts
I'll most likely re-up my subscription but I'm in the same boat. I'm getting bored watching lately. Not because it's basically the Marquez show, but because the Marquez show almost NEVER has any drama. I would like to see a dramatic mid season that leads to a last couple of races to decide the championship. I'm hopeful that's what we will get in 2020.

My 2020 predictions.

Fabio will get his first win within the first 4 races of the season and be a constant title threat.
Dovi will be up there but....
Jack Miller is Ducati's new leader. We'll have to wait and see but he's been the top guy pretty much the last half of 2019.
Cal will retire at the end of 2020
Danillo will go to WSBK after 2020
Rins, Morbidelli, Mir and Rossi will all be up front a lot but...

It'll still come down to Miller, Fabio, and Marquez at the end of the season. Dovi will finish the season in 4th.

I still enjoy the crap out of the other classes so I'll most likely keep the subscription. I don't watch NFL, NBA, MLB, or any other sports-ball. This is it. :O

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
AM73 isn't as good as MM93, but it's not like they signed some scrub off the streets. The guy is a champion just recently in Moto2. They gave MM a ride at the big boy table without ever seeing him in MotoGP so how is this that much different?

That being said, this is great...I was hoping for a family business type deal :).

·
Director of Moderation
9,564 Posts
I hate this time of year, with the subscription renewals. Ends up being over $200 (with WSBK also) that I have to spend on something I won't use until like March lol

I will probably continue to split it with a couple of friends so it won't be that bad.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts