Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

161 - 180 of 187 Posts

·
Director of Moderation
10,213 Posts
Scumbag politicians. The Laguna Seca round will not have spectators due to "covid-19" restrictions.
Damn that's a bummer for you and others in the area that planned on going. Try to find a team to be a crew member for. Or you can volunteer as a grid marshal like I did last year at NJMP. Super easy, not much work and you get pit lane access all weekend as well as a couple of free meals.

·
Registered
6,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
I was at Laguna Seca on Monday and they were doing a photo shoot for the bagger class. Nice that the class was added.

·
Registered
8,062 Posts
I was at Laguna Seca on Monday and they were doing a photo shoot for the bagger class. Nice that the class was added.

That'll throw debris all over the track when those crash....

token class of nonsensical illogic imo

Reactions: sbk1198

·
Director of Moderation
10,213 Posts
That was a hell of a Supersport race, the battle for 2nd place!! 1st and 2nd for Kawasaki

Reactions: jd41

·
Registered
714 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Paasch is coming on board.
Okay, why is the kawi all of a sudden competitive? The new bike is basically the same as the old 13-18 636. I just don’t understand why people are now riding it and getting decent results. Contingency hasn’t changed much, has it? Are they using different tires now? What happened? Someone learn me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Director of Moderation
10,213 Posts
Okay, why is the kawi all of a sudden competitive? The new bike is basically the same as the old 13-18 636. I just don’t understand why people are now riding it and getting decent results. Contingency hasn’t changed much, has it? Are they using different tires now? What happened? Someone learn me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope, not much has changed. The main difference is that Graves put some Graves magic into it since they stopped working with Yamaha, then a really fast guy came along to race and that was a winning formula. And when one bike is winning a lot, everyone else either wants it or thinks they're cheating, which is exactly what's been happening lol The whole thing about "win on Sunday, buy on Monday" is still somewhat true. I was on the fence between an R6 or another ZX6R earlier this year but after seeing Richie winning on one and then Mesa getting one and being instantly competitive in MA and winning every CCS race he's entered on it so far....my mind is now set on a ZX6R. There's no logical reason behind it because I know for me it wouldn't make a damn difference, but I want one simply because of what I'm seeing lol

·
Registered
714 Posts
Why is the Graves ZX6R fast.... simple answer... Richie rides the fuckin' hell out of it. Yes Graves worked it... but Richie rides it.

Braeden Ortt was the test pilot but just couldn't quite get there.

Valentin Debise was the man... but never got signed. :(

Lets see what Paasch can do. My guess... Paasch will put it on the box... Why... 'cause Paasch can ride too...

·
Director of Moderation
10,213 Posts
Why is the Graves ZX6R fast.... simple answer... Richie rides the fuckin' hell out of it. Yes Graves worked it... but Richie rides it.

Braeden Ortt was the test pilot but just couldn't quite get there.

Valentin Debise was the man... but never got signed. :(

Lets see what Paasch can do. My guess... Paasch will put it on the box... Why... 'cause Paasch can ride too...
It's still unclear to me if Paasch is gonna race Richie's bike or a 2nd Honos ZX6R that's pretty much the same. If Richie's not racing SS, then my prediction is 1) Beach, 2) SDK, 3) Paasch which will just show that it's never really been the bike, but Richie. If he is racing, then my prediction is 1) Beach, 2) Escalante, 3) SDK with Paasch in 4th....which will also prove the same thing as the first scenario.

I can't believe how many people are bitching about the bike calling it a cheater bike now! Yes it has a higher displacement and on paper a bit more power out of the box, but I have yet to see Richie pull away on the straights or passing the other guys with ease on the straights. I have watched every single SS race and looked at speed trap data from every track and if anything, on average SDK tends to be the fastest on the straights, although not by much. All 3 of the top guys have always been very close in speed. Nobody really had a noticeable advantage or disadvantage. They've all been able to make draft passes and all have been passed by the others on the straights. Everyone's losing their shit all of a sudden because there is finally a really fast guy on a ZX6R, but the bike hasn't changed all that much since 2013.

Reactions: PhotoAl and jd41

·
Director of Moderation
10,213 Posts
Interesting...in the corner it shows that's as of yesterday, but yet Paasch is not on there and I really don't see CJ LaRoche going all the way there, but maybe I'm wrong...Andrew Lee is gonna be fast on a ZX6R! He'll be doing pretty much what Mesa did at Indy. He knows Laguna well and he's no stranger to 600s either.

Reactions: Backmarker

·
Registered
520 Posts
Watched Richie at Barber, he was riding that bike for sure. Really exciting to watch. Another contrast was in Superbike watching Cameron and Scholtz. Scholtz was really working the bike and Cameron looked very smooth - have to realize the height and weight difference between them. Good to see Kawasakis on the grid and doing well. Richie is fast and Graves know how to set up a bike, good combo. Also looks like Richie is in really good shape which helps also.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I spoke with Richie at Indy and you’re correct. He is in top physical condition.
We had good conversation about the bike. It’s amazing just how simple the bike is. Yes it had trick stuff more so to the electronics and suspension. But still a basic bike. He Is just riding the wheels off it.

161 - 180 of 187 Posts