Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

101 - 120 of 147 Posts

·
Director of Moderation
9,951 Posts
Hey @ninjaman89, how does it feel to know that you've beaten a guy who has won 3 out of 3 MotoAmerica Twins races so far? When are we gonna see you on TV? Get yourself a kickass FZ07 go braaaaaping on the national level! ;)

·
Director of Moderation
9,951 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Some round 1 drama right here! What do you guys think about Mesa calling out the Ducati racing in superstock? He always bashes Dunlop tires as well lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Some round 1 drama right here! What do you guys think about Mesa calling out the Ducati racing in superstock? He always bashes Dunlop tires as well lol

He's right. It would be considered superbike spec bike if you built a base model V4 to a V4R spec. 40k$ "stock" bike vs 15k-20k$ stock bikes.

·
Registered
388 Posts

I love it. I wish more riders weren’t contractually obligated to keep their opinions to themselves.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Did you pick Corey just cuz he's on a Kawi?? lol What about Stefano Mesa? He would have higher chances of winning since he got 2nd last year and is faster than Corey. But honestly I don't see anyone beating PJ. If we're talking about who I'd want to win....in that case Kyle Wyman (cuz Ducati), Stefano Mesa, Brandon Paasch, Rocco Landers, and Gus Rodio.
You're right. I've changed my mind. I like Stefano Mesa more. I'm also unfollowing any riders on IG that are putting black out posts lol. Bye Corey.

·
Director of Moderation
9,951 Posts
He's right. It would be considered superbike spec bike if you built a base model V4 to a V4R spec. 40k$ "stock" bike vs 15k-20k$ stock bikes.
A stock V4R with track bodywork and the usual bolt-on mods is not a superbike. Just because a manufacturer chose to mass produce a much faster bike that's close to a WSBK-spec, doesn't make it a Superbike. It's still a stock bike that anyone with money can buy. I do see Mesa's side though because according to MA's list of homologated bikes (which is the FIM list), the V4 is not on the Stock 1000 list. It is only on the Superbike class list. The only Ducati homologated for Stock 1000 is the 1199R. So his beef is with MA for changing or bending the rules in favor of someone with big name and money. On top of that, it's a Stock class which is supposed to be a feeder class for Superbike...yet you have a guy that has raced at an even higher level, in WSBK, racing in Stock1000. I see why Mesa's frustrated with that. The Celtic team found a winning recipe....they got the best bike you can get for that class and put the fastest rider on it. It's PJ's to lose at this point, unless something happens or rules change.

But in the end, Cameron Peterson was on a GSXR which is no better than a ZX10 and was 2 seconds faster than Mesa. Corey was on the same bike and was also faster, so Mesa would've lost this one anyway.

You're right. I've changed my mind. I like Stefano Mesa more. I'm also unfollowing any riders on IG that are putting black out posts lol. Bye Corey.
That whole blackout stuff on social media came out of nowhere today. I don't use IG much, I mainly just use FB, and I have probably like 15+ friends who changed their profile pictures to just a black screen. Also noticed it on Chaz Davies' page and Marc Marquez. A bunch of the people commented on Chaz's status that they're unfollowing him because of that lol I don't really get the whole "change your profile pic on FB whenever something bad happens in the world", but I also think it's dumb to unfollow someone just because they do that. Thought it was odd that these racers from Europe would do that, even though this issue seems to be only in the US.

Reactions: jd41

·
Registered
388 Posts
That whole blackout stuff on social media came out of nowhere today. I don't use IG much, I mainly just use FB, and I have probably like 15+ friends who changed their profile pictures to just a black screen. Also noticed it on Chaz Davies' page and Marc Marquez. A bunch of the people commented on Chaz's status that they're unfollowing him because of that lol I don't really get the whole "change your profile pic on FB whenever something bad happens in the world", but I also think it's dumb to unfollow someone just because they do that. Thought it was odd that these racers from Europe would do that, even though this issue seems to be only in the US.
They’re trying to pump their social numbers up. Americans don’t really follow motorcycle racing. They are using it to try to build their fan base.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
sbk1198 said:
A stock V4R with track bodywork and the usual bolt-on mods is not a superbike. Just because a manufacturer chose to mass produce a much faster bike that's close to a WSBK-spec, doesn't make it a Superbike. It's still a stock bike that anyone with money can buy. I do see Mesa's side though because according to MA's list of homologated bikes (which is the FIM list), the V4 is not on the Stock 1000 list. It is only on the Superbike class list. The only Ducati homologated for Stock 1000 is the 1199R. So his beef is with MA for changing or bending the rules in favor of someone with big name and money. On top of that, it's a Stock class which is supposed to be a feeder class for Superbike...yet you have a guy that has raced at an even higher level, in WSBK, racing in Stock1000. I see why Mesa's frustrated with that. The Celtic team found a winning recipe....they got the best bike you can get for that class and put the fastest rider on it. It's PJ's to lose at this point, unless something happens or rules change.

But in the end, Cameron Peterson was on a GSXR which is no better than a ZX10 and was 2 seconds faster than Mesa. Corey was on the same bike and was also faster, so Mesa would've lost this one anyway.
Good points. Its going to be a tough battle for him.

sbk1198 said:
I don't use it much either but I found it annoying that I thought the pics weren't loading lol. My coworkers were the ones that told me that it was black out something.

·
Registered
628 Posts

It kinda sounded like Mesa was calling out Corey Alexander’s and Cam Peterson’s bikes being superbikes as well. Maybe he knows something we don’t as to what is done to their bikes and called them out? He’s usually a good sport so it makes me wonder. Motoamerica, and club racing on a whole need bigger grids so it seems like rules are flexed each year to allow more entries.

Also, what happened to Andrew Lee? Was he holding out for a superbike ride? I gotta believe franklin armory would back him again in stock 1000. Would like to see him vs Jacobsen.

·
Director of Moderation
9,951 Posts
Good points. Its going to be a tough battle for him.
I'm afraid it might not be here pretty soon. I would not be shocked at all if he just says fuck it and backs out of doing the rest of the season. It's a fuck ton of money for him and his dad to do all of this only to get 4th-5th places in every race. With those results he won't make shit. But he can continue to do CCS and WERA races and actually make a bit of money out of that in contingency and other sponsorship. Not to mention the tire sponsorship. He's one of the few racers in the country that gets good Pirelli sponsorship (aka doesn't really pay for tires), but in MotoAmerica he's gotta spend a bunch of money buying Dunlops, which he doesn't even like as much.

I don't use it much either but I found it annoying that I thought the pics weren't loading lol. My coworkers were the ones that told me that it was black out something.
Same! :ROFLMAO: I was on my phone and I actually force-closed the app and restarted it cuz I thought something was wrong since so many profile pics weren't loading :ROFLMAO:

·
Director of Moderation
9,951 Posts
It kinda sounded like Mesa was calling out Corey Alexander’s and Cam Peterson’s bikes being superbikes as well. Maybe he knows something we don’t as to what is done to their bikes and called them out? He’s usually a good sport so it makes me wonder. Motoamerica, and club racing on a whole need bigger grids so it seems like rules are flexed each year to allow more entries.

Also, what happened to Andrew Lee? Was he holding out for a superbike ride? I gotta believe franklin armory would back him again in stock 1000. Would like to see him vs Jacobsen.

No idea about those other two bikes. You're right about the rule flexing, but IMO that's not the right approach because it may make it unfair for many of the riders. Personally I would rather see a grid of 15 bike where the difference in pace between 1st and 10th is like a couple of seconds only, rather than a grid of 25 where that difference might be like 10 seconds if the top guy is really fast, then the next is a a second of two off the pace, then next one another second or two and so on.

MA rules don't allow you to run Stk1000 class if you've already won it once. Used to be that you couldn't run Jr Cup either if you won it once (as far as I heard)...but that got changed last minute too to allow Rocco in. On top of that, due to the Coronavirus leading to some economic downfall, Franklin Armory pulled his sponsorship, so he lost his main sponsor. Basically his only options were a SBK ride or a SS ride, but without that sponsorship I don't think he could afford either.

Reactions: MotoCT

·
Registered
38 Posts
IMO i think the V4R is just fine for Superstock. However, PJ99 has no right to be in that class.

PJ, was runner up in World Supersport, and has raced professionally at an international level.. I feel that SuperStock1000 is essentially a small step up from top club racing...

They booted Andrew Lee from the class due to winning the championship multiple times, and they wouldnt allow Herrin, or Jake Lewis to participate in the class when they lost their SBK rides, due to them previously running SBK.

PJ and Celtic racing just need to step into SBK and stay there. We saw what kind of pace they can run with the big boys.

101 - 120 of 147 Posts