Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

61 - 80 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
With the first COTA round being cancelled at least we'll have the Daytona 200 this weekend.

No spectators allowed. Available to watch on NBC Sports Gold. Available for 1.99$

The event will continue to live stream on TrackPass on NBC Sports Gold with the DAYTONA 200 presented by CoMoto Opening Ceremonies beginning at 10:20 a.m. ET (7:20 a.m. PT) and DAYTONA TT at 4:00 p.m. ET (1:00 p.m. PT).

·
Registered
465 Posts
Looks like summer and fall is going to be very busy for racing! Everything being cancelled and looks to me like it will be a couple of months at least before things get back to normal. I', thinking of a long motorcycle trip in late may or June.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Has anyone heard anything about regular CCS club racing weekends? Is it too early to determine if they will be canceled as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
275 Posts
Everything being cancelled and looks to me like it will be a couple of months at least before things get back to normal.
Anything approaching 'normal' is probably 12-18 months off, nothing is going to be sorted in 2 months. Good luck with the trip, that is always something to look forward to.

Mark

·
Registered
465 Posts
Hate to say it but you are probably right. Think China is starting to relax a bit and factories are starting up. I'm hoping for a long motorcycle trip - solo, usually stay at KOA's and don't have much interaction with folks but will have to see how it goes. For now I have a good stockpile of essentials - toilet paper :)

Saw where Isle of Man is canceled, I've talked with a couple of folks about auto track days and at the moment they are not canceled but we shall see.

·
Director of Moderation
9,842 Posts
Has anyone heard anything about regular CCS club racing weekends? Is it too early to determine if they will be canceled as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well the one at Daytona certainly was. CCS doesn't know and it's not their decision to make. It's gonna be on a case by case based on the tracks or the local governments, just like it happened with Daytona. CCS had their hands tied, had no say in it.

·
Director of Moderation
9,842 Posts
Yeah that's fucked up.

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
Never liked him, and with this... Hope they bury him under the prison if convicted....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Not gunna lie.. this dude was one of my heroes growing up. I'm pretty shook about this.

If hes guilty, I hope he gets whats coming. If he's innocent I feel terrible, because those types of accusations are almost impossible to bounce back from.

I don't know how the courts work in AUS, but in the US it's tough to even jail someone before trial without some sort of crucial evidence right off the bat.. So I don't have much hope.. I hope the best for the victims.. :(

·
Director of Moderation
9,842 Posts
Richie Escalante on a ZX6R this year. Might start seeing a Kawi on the podium in Supersport class. Been quite some time since that's happened I think.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Richie can ride too! Nothing against Oertt, but he seemed way more comfy on the R6. He started to get some decent results after switching back.

61 - 80 of 103 Posts