Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The provisional schedule is out!

2020 MotoAmerica Series (Provisional)

March 10-11 Barber Motorsports Park, Birmingham, Alabama (Preseason Test)

April 3-5 Circuit of The Americas, Austin, Texas

April 17-19 Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta, Braselton, Georgia

May 1-3 Virginia International Raceway, Alton, Virginia

May 29-31 Road America, Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin

June 26-28 Ridge Motorsports Park, Shelton, Washington

July 10-12 WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca, Monterey, California (TBC)

August 7-9 Pittsburgh International Race Complex, Wampum, Pennsylvania

August 21-23 Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Indianapolis, Indiana

Sept. 11-13 New Jersey Motorsports Park, Millville, New Jersey

Sept. 17-20 Barber Motorsports Park, Birmingham, Alabama

*To Be Confirmed

·
Director of Moderation
9,681 Posts
Damn, same amount of rounds. I had heard about the addition of Indy and the Ridge, but didn't realize they'd take out both Sonoma and Utah. I thought they'd keep Utah at least and just have 11 rounds instead of 10.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn, same amount of rounds. I had heard about the addition of Indy and the Ridge, but didn't realize they'd take out both Sonoma and Utah. I thought they'd keep Utah at least and just have 11 rounds instead of 10.
Yeah. I wonder what other series they are going to run with at Indy.

·
Director of Moderation
9,681 Posts
Heard that Yamaha is pulling out of the Superbike class now as well, and the Yamaha team will be ran through Attack/Stamboli's team instead.

Just when I thought MotoAmerica was better than ever, one of the 2 main manufacturers pulls out. Wtf?? It's gonna be just Suzuki now and a bunch of privateers. Kawasaki and Honda need to step up to it.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Just when I thought MotoAmerica was better than ever, one of the 2 main manufacturers pulls out. Wtf?? It's gonna be just Suzuki now and a bunch of privateers. Kawasaki and Honda need to step up to it.
Literally said the same thing when I read the news earlier. What a bummer that is, looks like JD or Gerloff will be moving to something else. I really hope kawi gets involved, but I have my doubts. I really don't see Honda making a move at all,they barely can get their shit together in wsbk.

·
Registered
7,263 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
@Backmarker what rounds are you racing this year? Found any improvements on the bike?
For 2020 .. Possibly Indy, Pittrace and one other.
We’ll see as monies gets divided and dates get sorted.

Nothing new with the bike at this point. I haven’t changed a thing since MA at Pittrace.

·
Director of Moderation
9,681 Posts
So I was under the impression this bike is coming out this upcoming year, but I see it's a 2021 model?? So does that mean Bautista and Haslam will be racing it next year before it's even released?? Is that even allowed per WSBK rules?

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I was under the impression this bike is coming out this upcoming year, but I see it's a 2021 model?? So does that mean Bautista and Haslam will be racing it next year before it's even released?? Is that even allowed per WSBK rules?
BMW used their 2020 S1000RR model this year so I'm pretty sure its fine.

·
Director of Moderation
9,681 Posts
BMW used their 2020 S1000RR model this year so I'm pretty sure its fine.
Oh really? What's different about the 2020 BMW vs the 2019? I thought they raced a 2019 since that's what it looked like. They just made major changes on that bike for 2019, why would they not have raced that one? :dowhat

·
Registered
7,263 Posts
Honda must have hired pirates...............

rrrrrrrrrrr

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A lot of uncertainty looming over next year's factory entries. Factory Yamaha seems to be out and Attack is taking over. Suzuki rumored to not participate.

·
Director of Moderation
9,681 Posts
MotoAmerica is adding a Superbike feeder class: 2020 Superbike Cup pdf
Sounds like an effort on their part to try and get some more people in the Superbike classes. They started doing that in the 2nd half of the year, but there wasn't much incentive so a lot of the top guys like Lee, Mesa, May, etc didn't do it.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sounds like an effort on their part to try and get some more people in the Superbike classes. They started doing that in the 2nd half of the year, but there wasn't much incentive so a lot of the top guys like Lee, Mesa, May, etc didn't do it.
Should be better this season

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Suzuki Announces Team Hammer As Premier Race Team For 2020

Suzuki Motor of America, Inc. announces it has reached an agreement with Team Hammer to become its official team for the 2020 MotoAmerica AMA/FIM North American Road Racing Series. In addition to their continued participation in Supersport and Twins Cup, Team Hammer will now field Suzuki’s premier Superbikes and add the Stock 1000 class to its list. The team enters the series as Team Hammer Suzuki. Riders for each class will be announced later.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts