Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new here and I just bought a brand new 2020 ZX6R. I kinda don't like the cluster/speedometer on it and I was wondering if I could take the cluster from a 2020 650 (that has the tft display) and/or from a 2019/2020 zx10r and swap it with my current one. Does anybody know? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
96 Posts
No, you can't. The 650 and/or the ZX10 are entirely different bikes with different clusters and even if you manually matched the pinout, everything is expecting different electrical signals, and mounting.

I'm assuming that you know this cluster, even if it was plug and play (which it isn't) would be at least $1000. Still want one?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey guys, I'm new here and I just bought a brand new 2020 ZX6R. I kinda don't like the cluster/speedometer on it and I was wondering if I could take the cluster from a 2020 650 (that has the tft display) and/or from a 2019/2020 zx10r and swap it with my current one. Does anybody know? Thanks in advance.
No, you can't. The 650 and/or the ZX10 are entirely different bikes with different clusters and even if you manually matched the pinout, everything is expecting different electrical signals, and mounting.

I'm assuming that you know this cluster, even if it was plug and play (which it isn't) would be at least $1000. Still want one?
Oh okay, thank you and honestly, I would still consider it because I really don't like the cluster of the zx6r. Thanks for the answer!

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
If anything, I would expect that the closest match would be the preceding gen ZX6 cluster.... effectively cosmetic changes are typically as similar as possible to the last version, to limit the cost of the change from the manufacturing perspective. Electronics are likely extremely similar if not exactly the same. Pin out may be altered, but the plugs and the harness going to the cluster are probably identical....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts