Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! Just bought a 2019 zx6r ABS and didn't put the kickstand down all the way :/. Not going to lie and say, "I DiD a WhEliE" lol Just wondering if 13+ ZX6R stator cover (left side) will fit on my 2019! I have done research and will continue doing research after this post :). Hopefully one of you can beat me to it. P.S it's my first bike and I just drove over 4000 miles on her in less than 3 months. I'm very upset about this. Thank you!

·
Registered
12,652 Posts
No change in engine covers since at least 2013. If it hit hard enough to crack the cover, I would verify the alternator output, when you are done with your repair.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No change in engine covers since at least 2013. If it hit hard enough to crack the cover, I would verify the alternator output, when you are done with your repair.
Will definitely make sure alternator is good to go thanks for the info!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Of course!!! was trying to avoid the 200$ replacement 😹😹😹 simply coulnt find something for the 2019 on eBay. Eventually will upgrade!

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Depending on the amount and location of the damage, you could also repair it with JB Weld and then paint the cover. I repaired an engine cover for somebody using this method, and afterward you couldn't even tell it had been damaged.

·
Registered
175 Posts
If you promised to buy my OEM cover I could afford the woodcraft cover with skid plate!! Just kidding... unless you're very serious lol I have a '19... They're so pricey but I want them for the exact reason of what happened to you good sir.

Mine tipped on the right side, luckily only cosmetic damage that I've fixed, but I absolutely can't afford to replace engine parts at this point in my life haha. From all the mixed reviews on sliders, I have decided to go with very tried and true woodcraft engine covers, maybe some sliders on my swingarms, axles, and handlebars/footpegs.

-Mike

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
If you promised to buy my OEM cover I could afford the woodcraft cover with skid plate!! Just kidding... unless you're very serious lol I have a '19... They're so pricey but I want them for the exact reason of what happened to you good sir.

Mine tipped on the right side, luckily only cosmetic damage that I've fixed, but I absolutely can't afford to replace engine parts at this point in my life haha. From all the mixed reviews on sliders, I have decided to go with very tried and true woodcraft engine covers, maybe some sliders on my swingarms, axles, and handlebars/footpegs.

-Mike
For a less expensive alternative, the GB Racing covers are great. I've seen them protect the engine covers very well in a lowish speed single vehicle accident (bike went down, no other vehicles involved).

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yeah that was actually first on my list for a while, but I have seen more than a couple incidents in which people bent bolts, snapped bolts, shaved through them, ect. Every crash is different, and I suspect they would be totally fine in any drop, but people commented on the replacement of it after the fact; the woodcraft has replaceable $20 ish plates, whereas the graves and GB parts are entire replacement if you go down on them or damage them. That alone to me is worth it, plus the user reports for the WC are stellar. Almost no one has post-crash feedback with a failed WC cover. Although I anticipate myself making more drops, the replaceable parts and toughness I think is worth the cash. I think if I had another small displacement track bike, I would go GB for cheapness, but I think my 6R deserves the toughest stuff money can buy lol.

Im sure the GB covers have saved many engines from damages as well, not to bash them at all, they make great products.

-Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts