Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's got one already and tore it down ?

I would like to see a list of what fits and what doesn't from the 13+ year models.

Also post up the links to aftermarket race goodies available ?

I'm being told it's a totally new wire harness. ??

So I'm curious about things like the key-less bypass switch, the power commander and stuff like that swapping over.

Is the ram air intake the same or different ?

Radiator ?

Subframe ?

And the list goes on and on....

Do tell what you know...

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
This is pretty easy since you can just look at the parts diagrams. Like 95% will be the same. Subframe for sure. Also radiator. frame didn’t change

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
the new zx6 636 2019 can be used in SSP WSBK?

Enviado do meu iPad usando Tapatalk
The 13+ zx6r has been homologated in MotoAmerica for race use since 2013.

Until it is submitted for homologation in WSBK SS and passes we'll know. No way to tell yet but, seeing how they're still using the 09+ model, I doubt they'll switch to the 636cc model from the 599cc.

Read from page 220: Provisional 2019 SBK SS SS300 Regulations

·
Registered
41 Posts
The 13+ zx6r has been homologated in MotoAmerica for race use since 2013.

Until it is submitted for homologation in WSBK SS and passes we'll know. No way to tell yet but, seeing how they're still using the 09+ model, I doubt they'll switch to the 636cc model from the 599cc.

Read from page 220: Provisional 2019 SBK SS SS300 Regulations

Yeah! In Brazil We have The same problem! 636 is not homologated! But I Read The new Zx6r are In Euro4 class, this can be one chance! Thanks Man

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guess the only way to find out if the new 2019 is worth the effort is to just go buy one.

Given time I’ll start stripping this thing.

But first I need to get a few parts lined up.

Attachments

·
Director of Moderation
9,948 Posts
I guess the only way to find out if the new 2019 is worth the effort is to just go buy one.

Given time I’ll start stripping this thing.

But first I need to get a few parts lined up.
Nice! You'll be the forum's guinea pig on turning the new 2019 into a race bike. If you get the chance post up what you find as far as differences. I'm sure it'll come in handy to others in the future.

By the way, are you running the Daytona 200 this year?

Reactions: Backmarker

·
Director of Moderation
9,948 Posts
Reactions: Backmarker

·
Director of Moderation
9,948 Posts
I love motorcycle racing :D.

I'll post up my pics from the Ducati Factory and museum from Bologna soon. My wife and I went last week.

Here's my favorite bike there:

You have good taste! Have a friend that had (or has?) one of those. I've seen him ride it like twice...to a bike show and a bike night lol Guy's got a Superleggera too, used to have a 1098R race replica, plus a few other Ducatis, and now the new V4. Wouldn't be surprised if he had over $200k just in Ducatis. And yet in the last few years he raced a CBR500 and an R3 because he had more fun on those.

Reactions: Newyork

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
You have good taste! Have a friend that had (or has?) one of those. I've seen him ride it like twice...to a bike show and a bike night lol Guy's got a Superleggera too, used to have a 1098R race replica, plus a few other Ducatis, and now the new V4. Wouldn't be surprised if he had over $200k just in Ducatis. And yet in the last few years he raced a CBR500 and an R3 because he had more fun on those.
The pic is of Nicky Hayden's 2010 Desmosedici GP10, but I agree that the Desmosedici RR was awesome.

·
Director of Moderation
9,948 Posts
The pic is of Nicky Hayden's 2010 Desmosedici GP10, but I agree that the Desmosedici RR was awesome.
Right...got carried away and was thinking of the Desmosedici RR that people could buy (well some people...and not many lol). Still a cool bike even though it was based on the 2005-2006 GP bike.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts