Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Director of Moderation
9,575 Posts
Looks like @Backmarker is there. According to race monitor he won the "old folks" race :D

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL, not sleeping but a blink! Have other pics with eyes open. I missed Backmarker in the Senior Superbike race, pants were wet, hiking boots what puddles of water inside them and was tired of the struggle to keep camera somewhat dry. Kala stalking another victory. This was a good race, he could pull her down the straight but she was quicker in the turns, she won by 0.033 I heard. A very good race.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
wondering if any of you made it to the WERA GNF. It was a bit wet today but I did spot at least on ZX6R out there. At the start of one of the races it was raining really hard - third photo.
Hey that’s me sleeping on track. I’m a lurker if this forum over a poster. Was actually fun racing yesterday except when it rained cats and dogs right before our race.

·
Director of Moderation
9,575 Posts
Hey that’s me sleeping on track. I’m a lurker if this forum over a poster. Was actually fun racing yesterday except when it rained cats and dogs right before our race.
That's what rain tires or for, so good job on being out there on them! Also, great looking bike!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@Backmarker sorry I missed you, have been shooting lots of events recently and didn't make it there till lunchtime Friday. I try and get by to say hi when you are there 11/30 and 12/1 Saturday was WET! Lots of rain and I got wet again, but it was fun. Good racing today (Sunday), dry track and lots of great racing. Fun part about being there is the best race often isn't for first but down the field where 2 to 5 bikes are racing close and hard. I'll post up some more pics, here are a couple from Saturday.

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL this would be my track bike! My wife refuses to let me near the track on my motorcycle. I did ride my big scooter on a parade lap once - Honda Elite 110. It would do 51 mph, would get gapped by the field going down the front straight but as I dove into turn 1 at full speed I caught up and gapped the folks behind me on real motorcycles. :)

I'm going to try and get out to see you and say hi.

Hopefully I'll get to my WERA GNF photos this week and post some more up. I left late August on a 5,300 mile ride thru Nebraska, Wyoming, Idaho then up to Montana to Glacier National Park (Going to the Sun Road) across Montana to Minot ND then back home via Mitchell SD and Omaha Nebraska. non as I got back started shooting events. Finally finished up most of that and now working thru wife's project list.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Are you still going... What's your bike number ?
Hey Tim! I’m still going, but I changed the day to 12/2 due to other holiday travel timings.

My ZX6R is #21 (intermediate) and I’ll be camped out with our silver F150 and silver Intech trailer.

I sure hope the rain forecast changes. I don’t have any rains.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Hey Tim! I’m still going, but I changed the day to 12/2 due to other holiday travel timings.

My ZX6R is #21 (intermediate) and I’ll be camped out with our silver F150 and silver Intech trailer.

I sure hope the rain forecast changes. I don’t have any rains.
I'll be there both days. (Sat/Sun) And I too hope the weather is perfect.

I'll look for bike #21 coming past the tech line as I'll be coaching/working the weekend.

I'll be sure to get out and ride a couple sessions with you.

As well,, @PhotoAl is going to stop by... lets get a group (ZX6R) picture... :)

I'll be on my "B" bike... #760 Green/white/camo 13+ bodywork.

Cheers.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Weather was great...

I hooked up with @Jimundascores for a couple sessions and let me tell you the guy can corner low and is fast.

His bike is outstandingly clean and loaded with cool bits.

I should of had my camera. Sorry...

As well I hope you found your GoPro...

@PhotoAl... dang it... I know your busy... I'll hit you up on the next trip..:wink

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
An outstanding day! If you ever get a chance to hang out and even ride with Backmarker, definitely do it. What a blast I had in sessions 4 and 5. :) Thanks, Tim!

Rider Control told me that a GoPro was found, but Cappy had already left with it. I've got an email into N2 support, so hopefully it was mine that they found.

The front facing session 4 where we rode together can be found here:

For anyone that watches, the most impressive and humbling takeaway for me was how late Tim brakes and how much opportunity I have in that area. IT's a completely foreign experience to have a fist full of brakes and a dude rides by while still accelerating. Incredible!

Oh yah... not only did my camera fall off, but my forward facing camera shit its pants with an SD card error in session 5. No footage at all of that one. :(

·
Registered
574 Posts
An outstanding day! If you ever get a chance to hang out and even ride with Backmarker, definitely do it. What a blast I had in sessions 4 and 5. :) Thanks, Tim!

Rider Control told me that a GoPro was found, but Cappy had already left with it. I've got an email into N2 support, so hopefully it was mine that they found.

The front facing session 4 where we rode together can be found here:

For anyone that watches, the most impressive and humbling takeaway for me was how late Tim brakes and how much opportunity I have in that area. IT's a completely foreign experience to have a fist full of brakes and a dude rides by while still accelerating. Incredible!

Oh yah... not only did my camera fall off, but my forward facing camera shit its pants with an SD card error in session 5. No footage at all of that one. :(
Good stuff. Tim can rip around a race track, that's for sure. Just when you think you're rolling good, he likes to turn up the heat. :)

Also: What GoPro do you have? And what all was involved to get the speedo overlay on the video and such?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Tim - I sent N2 support a pic of what remains of the case. I think I wrote GP1 or GP2 on it with pencil way back in the day, but I bet that it had rubbed off a long time ago. It has an all black Samsung 64 GB card in it which will have video of you riding my ass for the last two sessions. :) I'm sure Cappy has his hands full, so I'll take you up on the offer if I don't hear back in a week or two. I don't even care about the camera... just want the SD card.

Below I've included a pic of what's left. The clear D shaped portion of the gopro case sheared clean off. Of course, I had wired it to that D shaped piece, which probably helped it to shear. What's strange is that when I originally noticed the camera was missing after session 4, everything you see in the pic was still connected (minus the camera). After the 5th session is when I noticed that the black mount had broken. Things should have been flapping in the wind while leaving some marks on the paint, but there's no evidence of that.

Otto - I use a Garmin Virb Ultra 30 for front facing video and gauge data. The Virb edit software imports the data and syncs it up easy as pie. It's a decent camera, but you wouldn't know it by the footage from my bike. I think mounting from the steering stem has some weird harmonics that cause every camera I try to have a major jello effect.

I tried an alternate mounting point in November using a GoPro 8 and it was really good, but the angle sucked. Unfortunately, it shut off on me in the middle of 3 sessions and never captured any gauge data. I returned it and am going to try again to see if maybe I got a lemon.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts