Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So back again, trackafying (apparently not a real word) my new 2019 for track use and the only bodywork out there is hot bodies (conviently located 5 miles away from me) but requires a drop of all that exhaust gubbins that seems to be nestling under my engine.

So I assume I need to go back to the 4 header pipes and collector and then do a link pipe to a muffler, I have a left over racing something that I just waked up to and gave it a shake and the internals rattled nicely and I realized that X hundred bucks for something new was warranted.

Lite is good but not critical, up and out of the way is good for loading onto the truck. Sound level down is better, up is livable with (with ear plugs I could almost not notice my old "Shiny Hole" exhaust).

Thoughts on what I will need to do with all that "cabling" to the exhaust valve and anything electrical to let the EMU know the big fat muffler is gone would be appreciated.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Bin all the cabling for the exhaust valve,bin the servo, fit a link pipe and can, many different makes are available too suit all budgets.
And fit one of these servo eliminator modules which keep the FI light off, I used the one pictured but different makes are available of this also.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
I also enjoy my Graves, however there are multiple sets of rearsets that the graves pipe will not work with (Woodcraft being 1 of them). Just be known.

Hindle is awesome quality for very affordable price.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I also enjoy my Graves, however there are multiple sets of rearsets that the graves pipe will not work with (Woodcraft being 1 of them). Just be known.

Hindle is awesome quality for very affordable price.
Are you sure woodcraft won't? I have not heard that from anyone else about the Graves...only low pipe I know that is a real problem is the Two Brothers.

·
Registered
30 Posts
So back again, trackafying (apparently not a real word) my new 2019 for track use and the only bodywork out there is hot bodies (conviently located 5 miles away from me) but requires a drop of all that exhaust gubbins that seems to be nestling under my engine.

So I assume I need to go back to the 4 header pipes and collector and then do a link pipe to a muffler, I have a left over racing something that I just waked up to and gave it a shake and the internals rattled nicely and I realized that X hundred bucks for something new was warranted.

Lite is good but not critical, up and out of the way is good for loading onto the truck. Sound level down is better, up is livable with (with ear plugs I could almost not notice my old "Shiny Hole" exhaust).

Thoughts on what I will need to do with all that "cabling" to the exhaust valve and anything electrical to let the EMU know the big fat muffler is gone would be appreciated.
I am pretty confident that Armour Bodies will becoming out with a full kit for the 2019 ZX6R, you should give Woodcraft a call and ask them about the timing. As for an exhaust, go Akraopovic first choice, second choice SC Project or Arrow for your third choice.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
I am pretty confident that Armour Bodies will becoming out with a full kit for the 2019 ZX6R, you should give Woodcraft a call and ask them about the timing. As for an exhaust, go Akraopovic first choice, second choice SC Project or Arrow for your third choice.
+1 on Akrapovic (https://amzn.to/31TjUks). I also love my M4 GP (https://amzn.to/2ZkBdgH), but it may be louder than you want (It does come with a DB Reducer insert though, or if not you can get it separately as well: https://amzn.to/2kopcEH).

Here is a video of my bike with the Akrapovic on the front straight at Circuit of the Americas:

Here's a video of my bike with the M4 GP on one of the local hill country roads:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts