Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put 800 miles on my 2019 ZX6R trying to quick shift and it would only work part of the time and never consistently.

Long story short, I finally read the manual and realized I needed to turn on the KQS kawasaki quick shifter mode. I just assumed it was a feature that was always there in the background if needed (only a mechanical thing).

My question is, how much damage, if any, have I done to the clutch when quick shifting without the mode enabled? I wasn't doing it all the time because it was frustrating but every now and again.

Once the KQS mode was on, it was an incredible feeling. It is so much fun keeping on the throttle while shifting. It never loses momentum. Very happy now.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Unless you're grinding/banging gears, your tranny/clutch is fine. Rule of thumb, no QS = put a bit of pressure on the shift lever and roll off throttle, it will shift. Doing this is essentially the same thing as a QS, all the QS does it cut IGNition briefly just like when you let off the throttle.

·
Registered
29 Posts
are there any brand of rearsets that will let the oem QS to be used in GP Shift? rather than woodcraft?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got my 2019 over the weekend and I feel dumb but I cant figure out how to turn the kqs mode on. I've looked through the manual but it only talks about the power modes and traction control. Help! Lol.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Look at page 106 of your owner's manual. You have to push and hold the "SEL" button for 2+ seconds - the KQS should come on/off on releasing the button.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts