Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

521 - 538 of 538 Posts

·
Registered
5,974 Posts
Excited to see how SDK will do on that bike! Also Brandon Paasch riding this weekend at Valencia in CEV Moto 2 for the AGR team.
I hope he's in the points. Anything above that will elevate the status MotoAmerica and convince more riders to come over which is what we need.

I don't expect much from Iker, not because he's not a good rider but because the KTM is a difficult ride.

This is how Iker will look after Valencia :laugh

·
Registered
11,661 Posts
I think you're overthinking it. Maybe they want him there because he gives good advice or something before/after a race and that's his 'job' and reason for being in the pits. It's clearly working, as they are both multi-champions.

This isn't like that idiot Ball from the Ball family (Lonzo Balls dad). Or even LeBron stealing his kids thunder at an AAU match by dunking during the pre-game warmups. IMO it's an entirely different situation. He's not in anyones way, he's not doing things that scream 'look at me!', etc.
Your points a totally moot. I don't care. :p

I don't know what anyone's dads look like, besides Marquez, Simoncelli's, Leon Haslam's and Ben Spies' mom who all did the same. I have seen a shit load of wives and girlfriends doing the same as well in MotoGP and WSBK. I don't really see any problem with it. They can be in the pits or garage and be out of the way too. Not that difficult.

At the MA races, I didn't go in any garages either because that's where work is actually being done. But I saw no problem with hanging out in their pit boxes once the green flag drops and the race starts. It's literally just a bunch of people watching the race, nobody's doing anything so I wasn't in anyone's way :O

I was talking about the stands, not VIP sections. Like the general admission stuff. I thought that's what you were talking about when you said "go sit in the stands". Either way, I was just joking about being for the peasants lol I have stayed in the stands at MotoGP, BSB, MotoAmerica and even club racing events. Nothing wrong with that. Was just trying to be funny :)
Why on earth do people feel the need to try changing people's minds when they have their own solid reasoning for their own dislike of an athlete or family thereof?

I have MY reasons for not liking them. You guys don't have to agree. I don't think any less of you guys for it. But please... don't try changing my opinion when it comes to simple things like this. I haven't been a fan of either Marquez since day 1.

Alex.... crashes out more than he's worth. He's a decent rider... but he got lucky this year because a few better riders weer DNF's. Some not their fault. If I'm going on personality... I like Alex the most.

Marc is not humble. His dad gives me the willy's like a mustached dude in an unmarked windowless van with "free candy" written on the side.

I do no like them. That's it! I don't like when Marc wins. I like watching him struggle on occasion.

Some people hate the Dallas Cowboys. I could give 1 fuck about football but those people I can relate to. We hate something that other people adore. :D

When Marc went Airborne in Q2 last weekend..... I stood up and fucking cheered. Because he deserved that crash. Punk ass little bitch.

·
Director of Moderation
9,573 Posts
Why on earth do people feel the need to try changing people's minds when they have their own solid reasoning for their own dislike of an athlete or family thereof?
Idk, maybe because sometimes their reasoning is wrong? :O Just like with politics, where people will shit all of a president that they don't like and point out things he's done that are kinda shady, but completely ignoring that other presidents that he's got no problem with at all have done the same. Now if you're gonna hate on everyone else whose dad/mom/sibling/etc. is in the garage with them during races...fine, ok. But singling out one person and ignoring the rest is just shitty.

When Marc went Airborne in Q2 last weekend..... I stood up and fucking cheered. Because he deserved that crash. Punk ass little bitch.
And speaking of shitty, this is a huge dick thing to say and do. Whether you like someone or not, being happy and cheering when they hurt themselves is a pretty low-life shitty thing to say. Was it a solid case of karma kicking back for him? Yes. I shook my head when it happened. But to be happy about it when the guy could've seriously injured himself?...well maybe that same karma will kick you in the ass for reacting that way too :roll:

·
Registered
10,410 Posts
Can't believe no one posted about Lorenzo yet.
Just saw that. He can’t be having fun and be motivated. Good on him. Perhaps he can make a team. I’m sure he will stay involved with the sport. Just read the transcript. Very mature, wise and really honest. Good on him.

·
Director of Moderation
9,573 Posts
SDK getting faster and faster on that Moto 2 bike. The grid is really tight because even though he qualified in like 26th or something like that he was only about 1.6 seconds slower than pole position! Top 15 were covered by just 1/2 a second.

·
Director of Moderation
9,573 Posts
What a disappointing MotoGP season.
Only because you're a big lorenzo fan and he had a disappointing season lol

I thought it was great. There were maybe like 3-4 races out of the 19 that I would say were pretty boring with not much passing going on, but the majority had a lot of exciting battles at the front. Quite a few that went down to the last lap, even some last corner passes for the win.

Sure there hasn't been as many winners this time like in 2016 or 2017 (can't remember which year it was where there were 9 different winners). Still had about 5 different winners IIRC. I saw a lot of exciting racing.

Oh and also saw the utter domination and greatness of the GOAT, with a few more records being broken! :wink

·
Director of Moderation
9,573 Posts
Also how about that Brad Binder? After a shitty start in the season where he wasn't even in the top 5 after the first several rounds, ended up just 3 points behind the winner! Hell of a last 2nd half of the season! I hope he does well in MotoGP. I don't have high expectations due to the bike he's on, but hopefully he does well enough to get himself on a Ducati or Suzuki or Yamaha.

·
Registered
5,974 Posts
Only because you're a big lorenzo fan and he had a disappointing season lol

I thought it was great. There were maybe like 3-4 races out of the 19 that I would say were pretty boring with not much passing going on, but the majority had a lot of exciting battles at the front. Quite a few that went down to the last lap, even some last corner passes for the win.

Sure there hasn't been as many winners this time like in 2016 or 2017 (can't remember which year it was where there were 9 different winners). Still had about 5 different winners IIRC. I saw a lot of exciting racing.

Oh and also saw the utter domination and greatness of the GOAT, with a few more records being broken! :wink
I found myself skipping through most of the MotoGP races. There wasn't really any action on most of them. Today's race was uneventful as ever.

Moto 2, 3, and, surprisingly, MotoE was great though.

·
Director of Moderation
9,573 Posts
I found myself skipping through most of the MotoGP races. There wasn't really any action on most of them. Today's race was uneventful as ever.
That explains why you've missed out on all the fun stuff. Maybe you watched something else instead if you don't think there was any action in most of them. Might want to re-watch :O

Today's race was quite uneventful after they settled in after the first few laps, but that was far from being the norm of the season. Like I said, only a few were like that this season. Most of them went down to the last lap or last few laps.

·
Registered
208 Posts
only saw MotoGP and a few of the crashes in Moto3 - it wasnt an exciting race for the big boys today (well, maybe except Zarco!)

·
Registered
236 Posts
What a disappointing MotoGP season.
+1. It sure was dull and predictable for the most part. Yamaha needs a bike and Ducati needs a rider or else Marc will continue to dominate with ease. Moto3 was excellent as usual and Moto2 had some good races, but was also fairly processional much of the time.

Mark

·
Registered
766 Posts
When Danilo Petrucci's father was asked if he liked being in the box with his son during races, his reply was.... "no... my son is a man and has a job to do."

I agree with Petrux's dad.

I've worked for MotoAmerica as the mainstream media public relations executive for 2015 and 2016 seasons. I could go wherever I wanted pretty much. I had plenty of friends that were racers and my job was to stay out of their fucking way. Unless I was asked to help I never stepped foot into a pit. Or if I was there on business trying to line up an interview or something.

How many riders daddy's do you see in the pits at every race since 2012?

Maybe some more daddies should hang in their kid's garage? It doesn't seem like it's stunted MM's growth or anything - 8 world championships in 9 years isn't too bad

·
Director of Moderation
9,573 Posts
Maybe some more daddies should hang in their kid's garage? It doesn't seem like it's stunted MM's growth or anything - 8 world championships in 10 years isn't too bad
Fixed it for ya! You were close :)

521 - 538 of 538 Posts