Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

21 - 40 of 538 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Talk about shit in cornflakes :roll:
I like what Crutchlow said about the incident. He said he wasn't going to be politically correct like the other riders, like Cal could be politically correct if he tried, and said Fenati should be given a permanent ban from racing.

That being said, and Fenati back in the paddock next year, I'd love to see Crutchlow take Fenati out behind the garage for a man to boy talk ... if you get what I mean. My money's on Crutchlow. There's zero doubt in my mind that Crutchlow can hold his own in a fight.

·
Registered
6,388 Posts
2018 Jerez MotoGP test times - Thursday (FINAL)

1. = Takaaki Nakagami JPN LCR Honda (RC213V) 1m 37.945s [Lap 63/66]
    [*]= Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda (RC213V) 1m 37.970s +0.025s [53/56]
    [*]= Maverick Viñales ESP Movistar Yamaha (YZR-M1) 1m 38.066s +0.121s [65/78]
    [*]^6 Jorge Lorenzo ESP Repsol Honda (RC213V) 1m 38.105s +0.160s [65/65]
    [*]˅1 Danilo Petrucci ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici) 1m 38.109s +0.164s [63/68]
    [*]˅1 Franco Morbidelli ITA Petronas Yamaha SRT (YZR-M1) 1m 38.118s +0.173s [62/68]
    [*]˅1 Jack Miller AUS Pramac Ducati (Desmosedici) 1m 38.207s +0.262s [54/57]
    [*]˅1 Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici) 1m 38.292s +0.347s [28/44]
    [*]˅1 Francesco Bagnaia ITA Pramac Ducati (Desmosedici)* 1m 38.333s +0.388s [47/50]
    [*]˅1 Alex Rins ESP Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 1m 38.522s +0.577s [55/63]
    [*]
    ^2 Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha (YZR-M1) 1m 38.596s +0.651s [62/67]
  2. ˅1 Fabio Quartararo FRA Petronas Yamaha SRT (YZR-M1)* 1m 38.761s +0.816s [50/58]
  3. ˅1 Tito Rabat ESP Reale Avintia (Desmosedici) 1m 38.876s +0.931s [57/60]
  4. = Joan Mir SPA Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR)* 1m 38.931s +0.986s [42/55]
  5. = Pol Espargaro ESP Red Bull KTM Factory (RC16) 1m 39.144s +1.199s [53/60]
  6. = Alvaro Bautista ESP Ducati Test Rider (Desmosedici) 1m 39.338s +1.393s [65/65]
  7. = Karel Abraham CZE Reale Avintia (Desmosedici) 1m 39.744s +1.799s [35/40]
  8. = Andrea Iannone ITA Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 1m 39.826s +1.881s [34/36]
  9. = Johann Zarco FRA Red Bull KTM Factory (RC16) 1m 39.864s +1.919s [61/64]
  10. = Aleix Espargaro ESP Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 1m 40.156s +2.211s [11/11]
  11. = Bradley Smith GBR Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 1m 40.325s +2.380s [38/59]
  12. = Sylvain Guintoli FRA Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 1m 40.498s +2.553s [43/65]
  13. = Hafizh Syahrin MAL Red Bull KTM Tech3 (RC16) 1m 40.520s +2.575s [53/54]
  14. = Miguel Oliveira POR Red Bull KTM Tech3 (RC16)* 1m 40.577s +2.632s [61/61]
  15. = Matteo Baiocco ITA Aprilia Test Rider (RS-GP) 1m 41.907s +3.962s [37/48]

·
Registered
208 Posts
I know its only testing, but interesting...........

Last years Homoda is faster
JL isnt as far behind MM as i thought
Petrucci ahead of Dovi again
Bagnaia improved a lot....could be worth watching
and lastly, Guintoli - why is he even there?

·
Director of Moderation
10,015 Posts
I'm confused about Bradley Smith. His name was on the Moto-E testing and now also here with Aprilia. Which bike is he fuckin riding next year?? lol

·
Director of Moderation
10,015 Posts
and lastly, Guintoli - why is he even there?
More data. He's been a support test rider for Suzuki. During testing most manufacturers bring their test riders if they can to run 3 bikes instead of just the main 2.

·
Director of Moderation
10,015 Posts
.....you already wrote them both down :D

He's double dipping next season.
Seriously? He's contracted with both?? That's gonna be some busy weekends for him. I assume Moto-E is running at all the events? That will pack up the schedule a bit more having an extra class each weekend.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Seriously? He's contracted with both?? That's gonna be some busy weekends for him. I assume Moto-E is running at all the events? That will pack up the schedule a bit more having an extra class each weekend.
1) Moto-E is only going to have 4 or 5 rounds, all of them in Europe.... Maybe he'll enter some of the America/Asian rounds as a wild card on the KTM?

2) Nakagami at the top of the charts? Who would have guessed that????

3) looks like Jorge is picking up pretty quickly on the "unrideable" for him RCV - this might get entertaining quickly inside the Honda garage.

4) Vinales says he has a top bike now, but VR says its no better than a 5th place bike? - might be the year that the lead dog switches at Yamaha, or else #46 is just starting the head games early?

·
Director of Moderation
10,015 Posts
4) Vinales says he has a top bike now, but VR says its no better than a 5th place bike? - might be the year that the lead dog switches at Yamaha, or else #46 is just starting the head games early?
If Rossi really said that, I'm interpreting that as in "he's no better than a 5th place".

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Yamaha just needs to tear off the band-aid. Vinales is the future as he's like 40 years younger. They need to give that kid what he needs to be successful and let Rossi make do with the bike's development as it is.

This is a classic sports case of paying the superstar and mortgaging a teams future/young talent in order to 'pay back' the old timer. The Lakers did it with Kobe for example.

·
Registered
208 Posts
3) looks like Jorge is picking up pretty quickly on the "unrideable" for him RCV - this might get entertaining quickly inside the Honda garage.
Yep, i was one of those that said "JL will never make it at Honda". Impressive to see him so close so early. He survived the VR mind games back in the first Yamaha days. I still think though, MM will be too strong.

Yamaha just needs to tear off the band-aid. Vinales is the future as he's like 40 years younger. They need to give that kid what he needs to be successful
Agree, but too many VR fans for that? I'll say it again.....VR will never win another race:kiss

·
Director of Moderation
10,015 Posts
Yep, i was one of those that said "JL will never make it at Honda". Impressive to see him so close so early. He survived the VR mind games back in the first Yamaha days. I still think though, MM will be too strong.

Agree, but too many VR fans for that? I'll say it again.....VR will never win another race:kiss
Never say never. He might just surprise you and come to MotoAmerica or get a ride on a Moto-E team and whoop some ass! :devilish

·
Registered
512 Posts
Never say never. He might just surprise you and come to MotoAmerica or get a ride on a Moto-E team and whoop some ass! :devilish
Could you imagine if he came to Moto A? Might double in popularity overnight, America would have to start production of yellow smoke bombs immediately. I will say I would rather not have Moto America become some retirement ground for older riders though, would be nice to see actual talent develop out of the series. Still would like to have seen Redding come give it a go, him and Herrin on the same circuits would have been a blast to follow.

·
Director of Moderation
10,015 Posts
Could you imagine if he came to Moto A? Might double in popularity overnight, America would have to start production of yellow smoke bombs immediately. I will say I would rather not have Moto America become some retirement ground for older riders though, would be nice to see actual talent develop out of the series. Still would like to have seen Redding come give it a go, him and Herrin on the same circuits would have been a blast to follow.
Yep. Rossi coming to MA would be huge for the sport here though. All the other retired riders can keep out though lol Though I wouldn't mind seeing Collin Edwards back on a bike in the US ;)

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
Yep. Rossi coming to MA would be huge for the sport here though. All the other retired riders can keep out though lol Though I wouldn't mind seeing Collin Edwards back on a bike in the US ;)
Redding wouldn't even look at MotoAmerica.... Rossi won't.

Rossi honestly is in a position where he doesn't really need to do anything he doesn't want to do ever again. VR|46 - the clothing company - does fine as a business. The VR|46 academy, Moto3 and Moto2 teams. His ties with SKY TV.... Ralley racing/Monster Energy. Dude will be a name in motorsports for as long as we're living.

He still races motorcycles because he's still fast and he still has passion for it. He wouldn't even be challenged in the US series. I doubt the likes of Beaubier even Elias would be much of a problem... I don't think he'd even have fun racing over here and smoking everyone.

·
Director of Moderation
10,015 Posts
Redding wouldn't even look at MotoAmerica.... Rossi won't.

Rossi honestly is in a position where he doesn't really need to do anything he doesn't want to do ever again. VR|46 - the clothing company - does fine as a business. The VR|46 academy, Moto3 and Moto2 teams. His ties with SKY TV.... Ralley racing/Monster Energy. Dude will be a name in motorsports for as long as we're living.

He still races motorcycles because he's still fast and he still has passion for it. He wouldn't even be challenged in the US series. I doubt the likes of Beaubier even Elias would be much of a problem... I don't think he'd even have fun racing over here and smoking everyone.
I know, it's just more of a pipe dream cuz it would be cool to see for MA fans in the US.

I remember back in 2010 after he broke his leg, a few weeks later before he resumed with MotoGP he did a test at Misano on an R1 (not sure on the specs of that R1 but still a production bike obviously). They said his best lap was within 0.1 seconds of the fastest lap of the WSBK race the prior week in similar weather conditions. He would destroy people if he came to MA lol

Reactions: PowerGroove

·
Registered
208 Posts
Let me clarify - In MOTOGP

Dont get me wrong, I think he is arguably the GOAT and has done wonders for the sport, and will no doubt continue to do so.

I just think that Yamaha's efforts would be better focused on Mave .

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
Five races IIRC.

Already a rule in place saying that you cannot partake in two different championships .... during the same event / weekend.

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
1) Moto-E is only going to have 4 or 5 rounds, all of them in Europe.... Maybe he'll enter some of the America/Asian rounds as a wild card on the KTM?

2) Nakagami at the top of the charts? Who would have guessed that????

Possible that Rossi is just being dramatic OR they're not developing the bike towards his wants anymore :O

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
Possible that Rossi is just being dramatic OR they're not developing the bike towards his wants anymore :O
My money is on both.

21 - 40 of 538 Posts