Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
6,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MOTOAMERICA 2019 SET TO BEGIN AT ROAD ATLANTA

MotoAmerica has announced that for the second straight year it will begin its series at Road Atlanta in Braselton, Georgia, with the Championship at Road Atlanta scheduled for April 5-7, 2019 as round one of the 2019 MotoAmerica Series.

Road Atlanta played host to the series opener this year for the first time and the timing proved to be popular.

“We liked starting our season at Road Atlanta,” MotoAmerica President Wayne Rainey said. “We’ve been racing there since we started MotoAmerica in 2015 and it’s a place we enjoy going to. It’s a popular track with our riders and teams and it’s a great place to get our season rolling.”

“It’s been great having MotoAmerica on our schedule for the past four years and we’re looking forward to their return in April,” said Geoff Lee, President and General Manager of Road Atlanta. “Throughout the nearly 50 years that Road Atlanta has been in existence, the track has become synonymous with top-level motorcycle racing and producing some of the most exciting two-wheeled action there is, so we’re thrilled to continue that tradition with MotoAmerica.”]

Yoshimura Suzuki’s Toni Elias won both Motul Superbike races at Road Atlanta this year, the Spaniard beating Yamalube/Westby Racing’s Mathew Scholtz in race one and Monster Energy/Yamalube/Yamaha Factory Racing’s Cameron Beaubier in race two.

·
Registered
6,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Provisional 2019 MotoAmerica Schedule

April 5-7: Road Atlanta, Braselton, Georgia

April 12-14: Circuit of The Americas, Austin, Texas

May 4-5: VIRginia International Raceway, Alton, Virginia (2-day)

May 31 - June 2: Road America, Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin

June 15-16: Utah Motorsports Campus - East Course, Grantsville, Utah (2-day)

July 12-14: WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca, Monterey, California

August 10-11: Sonoma Raceway, Sonoma, California (2-day)

August 23-25: Pittsburgh International Race Complex, Wampum, Pennsylvania

September 7-8: New Jersey Motorsports Park, Millville, New Jersey (2-day)

September 20-22: Barber Motorsports Park, Birmingham, Alabama

·
Registered
6,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:(

MotoAmerica: RoadRace Factory Not Racing In 2019

Team History

2011 - Officially Formed

2012 - First Race - Daytona 200 - Riders: JD Beach, Jake Gagne

2012 - First Podium - Daytona Supersport - Hayden Gillim

2012 - First Victory - Supersport - Hayden Gillim

2013 - First Championship - Supersport - Tomas Puerta

2014 - Second Champship - Daytona Sportbike - Jake Gagne

2015 - Superstock 1000 Championship - Jake Gagne

Riders:

JD Beach, Jake Gagne, Hayden Gillim, Tomas Puerta, Felipe MacLean, Cameron Petersen, Ben Young, Daytona Anderson, Jayson Uribe, Bobby Fong, Cameron Gish

Total Podiums:

60 - Across 3 Classes and 4 Riders

Manufacteres

Yamaha USA (2012-2016) - 600cc, 1000cc

American Honda Motor Co. (2017-2018) - 1000cc

·
Director of Moderation
9,940 Posts
Super excited for next year. Hope you see me there in August ...
You gonna try to run the Cali and Utah rounds or doing a full season?

Reactions: Gawernator

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
JD has been a favorite of mine since he stepped in to ride the Attack ZX10R after Bstrom quit a week after Daytona in 2010. I've met him a few times, and had the chance to sit and banter with him (he's actually a lot quicker with the words when he's not in front of a camera lol). Super stoked to see him getting a good superbike ride! I hope he gets some wins!

It'd be rad to see Herrin on a factory bike, even the Suzuki. :D #MHFA

·
Director of Moderation
9,940 Posts
JD has been a favorite of mine since he stepped in to ride the Attack ZX10R after Bstrom quit a week after Daytona in 2010. I've met him a few times, and had the chance to sit and banter with him (he's actually a lot quicker with the words when he's not in front of a camera lol). Super stoked to see him getting a good superbike ride! I hope he gets some wins!

It'd be rad to see Herrin on a factory bike, even the Suzuki. :D #MHFA
JD is a very talented rider. I love watching him race, and at VIR this year I got a "Beach #95" sticker which I put on my Zuma now. People always ask me if I bought my Zuma from him because of that :laugh

But he is so freakin hard to listen to in interviews. Not his fault and not much he can do about it, but I can't listen to him talk for more than like 2 minutes at a time.

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
JD is a very talented rider. I love watching him race, and at VIR this year I got a "Beach #95" sticker which I put on my Zuma now. People always ask me if I bought my Zuma from him because of that :laugh

But he is so freakin hard to listen to in interviews. Not his fault and not much he can do about it, but I can't listen to him talk for more than like 2 minutes at a time.
When I was doing PR for MotoAmerica I was always dealing with the internal guy who shall remain nameless. We wanted to get something cool going on social media and at the time JD was probably the most active user, so he came up with the "Beach Break" idea and ran with it. I loved the idea but always mentioned it in the calls that it wasn't always easy to watch due to that. But he killed it anyway and it was a success.

One of the most watched videos on the MA facebook page is still one I approved and posted. Just a slow motion shot of him sliding his R6 into a turn at COTA. :D 15 seconds of video that has almost 1 million views since I posted it lol. That was the day I taught them what viral content was and what it wasn't. :devious

·
Registered
780 Posts

·
Director of Moderation
9,940 Posts
Oh shit, I didn't really he said August only...so one round only??

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Hit me up around that time if you need assistance in the paddock :D
Yay

You gonna try to run the Cali and Utah rounds or doing a full season?
Hahahah I don’t know if I can do any. But if I can afford it Sonoma or maybe Laguna or both idk. Depends how my afm season goes too need to make sure I qualify.

How about Laguna in July?
That would be amazing. Money is a factor

·
Director of Moderation
9,940 Posts
Hahahah I don’t know if I can do any. But if I can afford it Sonoma or maybe Laguna or both idk. Depends how my afm season goes too need to make sure I qualify.
What's their rule now for qualifying? Is it be within 107% of the top guy in your class? Or 110%?

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
What's their rule now for qualifying? Is it be within 107% of the top guy in your class? Or 110%?
Last time I read Supersport 600 rules it’s 108% of the fastest qualifying lap

·
Director of Moderation
9,940 Posts
Last time I read Supersport 600 rules it’s 108% of the fastest qualifying lap
Well, what are your best lap times like now compared to guys like JD Beach/Hayden Gillim's qualifying from last year? Are you in that 108% range now at Sonoma or Laguna?

1 - 20 of 138 Posts