Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow genius intellects.
Wondering if the the led bulbs in my 2019 can be replaced with hid ?
Maybe they need alignment, but I feel they don't shine the road like my previous 2018 zx6r hid.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
I'd try aiming them before replacing. If you weigh more than the very light rider the suspension was set up for, the chassis is not at the same angle with respect to the ground. It's likely pushed 'down' more than its meant to be.

Better to adjust the suspension, so the 'sag' is correct than offset the headlight aim; but you can tweak the aim points for each headlight pretty easily without assistance. Getting the sag set is at least a two person job.

Point the bulbs further 'up' so the cutoff line allows the light to go further.

As your previous bike didn't come with HID, those bulbs were spraying a lot of light in directions Kawasaki did not intend. HID bulbs don't match perfectly with projector headlamps designed for halogen bulbs. The HID has a much bigger bright spot, so there's a lot of light that doesn't go through the optics as intended.

A bigger bonfire doesn't mean you can see further, even with a crap ton of extra light. Much more likely to irritate and annoy oncoming traffic, though.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts