Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
do you own or ride a zx6r? why does my bike chatter but 4 of jason pridmore's bikes do not do it??? Do you know who he is?
You asked for our advice and opinions. You are getting them. I’m starting to get the feeling that the problem may not be with your bike. It’s probably from you riding so ungodly slow that you’re lugging the engine. Maybe sell it? Buy a 300?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Wow I'm very sorry i offended you. Yes everything is stock just like jason's bikes. Just trying to figure out why my bike does this and his do not.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Wow I'm very sorry i offended you. Yes everything is stock just like jason's bikes. Just trying to figure out why my bike does this and his do not.
So you rode all of his bikes?

Take an onboard video of yourself next time you’re out on track and post it here for us to watch. Then we’ll get a better idea of what you’re dealing with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a brand new zx6r and when i turn into certain corners like the bowl at chuckawalla clockwise the front end bounces or chatters. anyone else heard of this problem.
What have you done to set-up your suspension? Have you had your SAG set? Have you had your pre-load set? Have you replaced the springs or the cartridges. Before looking at tires, start with the suspension. A quality suspension engineer can not only set your stock suspension up for your rider weight, but if you invest in some quality suspension parts he can also adjust your bikes geometry.

I use Peter Kates at Computrack, one of the very best suspension guys in the country. I am sure being in Cali you can ask one of the CSS boys at Chuckwalla to advise you.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Go to forums.13x.com (WERA’s forum) and put “zx6r chatter” in the search feature. That is “the” forum for tech advice (and a lot of personal advice too) in my opinion. Sorry zx6.com!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
hello thank you everyone for the help. kawasaki is sending a guy out to chuck to help me with this issue.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts