Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

2017 ZX-6R Finally Released! Total Dissapointment!!!!

20K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  Sanctuary 
#1 · (Edited)
Well they just announced the information and pictures on the new 2017 Kawasaki ZX-6R. Totally dissapointed! There are no changes except the color is now silver! Same Showa SFF-BP, same bore and stroke so yes, it's still a 636, same KIBS, same 3 levels of traction control plus off, yada yada yada. The price however is different.

ABS: $12,699
Non-ABS: $11,699

https://www.kawasaki.com/products/2017-Ninja-ZX-6R-ABS

#4 ·
Damn. Looks like someone beat me to it. I searched around and didnt see it on the first page. I need to delete this thread so only one thread can be bitched on

#9 ·
Bummed. The rumor was that it was going to have the same remote reservoir forks as the ZX10. I guess that got scrubbed or put off until next year.

#14 ·
I hear the next one rides as if it is on rails. :dowhat

#17 ·
To fuck with you. They'll do it down the track...

One thing I'd love to see and it seems rather basic is a fucking fuel gauge. Sure, up/down quick-shifters, increased displacement, rider modes, IMU and all that bullshit would be nice but give me something other than having to open the tank and eye-ball the fucking fuel level at the track would be so awesome...

#24 ·
Sorry bud, it doesn't (and just goes to show how different canyon riding is). See comment above. Here our track establishments can ban you if you run out of gas on the track.

#23 ·
Yeah, I'm in that habit now however I've been to a day where I went through three FULL tanks of gas. THREE!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.