Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well they just announced the information and pictures on the new 2017 Kawasaki ZX-6R. Totally dissapointed! There are no changes except the color is now silver! Same Showa SFF-BP, same bore and stroke so yes, it's still a 636, same KIBS, same 3 levels of traction control plus off, yada yada yada. The price however is different.

ABS: $12,699
Non-ABS: $11,699

https://www.kawasaki.com/products/2017-Ninja-ZX-6R-ABS

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Damn. Looks like someone beat me to it. I searched around and didnt see it on the first page. I need to delete this thread so only one thread can be bitched on

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Bummed. The rumor was that it was going to have the same remote reservoir forks as the ZX10. I guess that got scrubbed or put off until next year.

·
Director of Moderation
7,704 Posts
That guy is a complete moron and should stop talking about things he does not know.
I'm amazed how many guys work as salesmen at bike dealerships that don't know shit about bikes. At my local yamaha/honda/kawasaki/suzuki/polaris dealer in town, which is also the biggest or second biggest dealership in the state, there are constantly young guys like 19-21 who approach you to try to sell you a bike and they start talking about it and you can instantly tell they're a bunch of squids who have no clue what they're talking about.

A friend of mine bought a brand new Ninja 650 a while back and he was new to bikes so he asked me to go to the dealership with him and ride it back. I sat with him through the sales guy speech that they give everyone about how to maintain it, break it in, tires, and all the other basic stuff, and after we left I just told him to ignore pretty much everything he said. At one point the guy was bragging about how he put race tires on his ZX10R and was leaving all his buddies behind on their squid rides around town because the tire was "that much grippier" :coocoo....keep in mind we have no curvy roads here! Of course that guy or his zx10r had never touched a race track...

·
Registered
522 Posts
I'm amazed how many guys work as salesmen at bike dealerships that don't know shit about bikes. At my local yamaha/honda/kawasaki/suzuki/polaris dealer in town, which is also the biggest or second biggest dealership in the state, there are constantly young guys like 19-21 who approach you to try to sell you a bike and they start talking about it and you can instantly tell they're a bunch of squids who have no clue what they're talking about.

A friend of mine bought a brand new Ninja 650 a while back and he was new to bikes so he asked me to go to the dealership with him and ride it back. I sat with him through the sales guy speech that they give everyone about how to maintain it, break it in, tires, and all the other basic stuff, and after we left I just told him to ignore pretty much everything he said. At one point the guy was bragging about how he put race tires on his ZX10R and was leaving all his buddies behind on their squid rides around town because the tire was "that much grippier" :coocoo....keep in mind we have no curvy roads here! Of course that guy or his zx10r had never touched a race track...
Thanks for the laugh SBK. I needed it

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I hear the next one rides as if it is on rails. :dowhat

·
Registered
61 Posts
I haven't verified it yet, but according to some guy at the dealership, he claims the 17' is 40 lbs lighter and a lower seat height...
This happened to me too, I can't believe how many sales guys get Ninja 650 and ZX-6R mixed up.

He is talking about the Ninja 650.
https://www.kawasaki.com/Products/2017-Ninja-650-ABS

For 2017, the Ninja 650 got 42 lb weight reduction and seat height got lower.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Well - at least it doesn't make my 2013 seem outdated to me :)

Why on the green Zx10 are the shock reservoirs red and not green? just like on my green 2013 6R the fork caps are red.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Well - at least it doesn't make my 2013 seem outdated to me :)

Why on the green Zx10 are the shock reservoirs red and not green? just like on my green 2013 6R the fork caps are red.
To fuck with you. They'll do it down the track...

One thing I'd love to see and it seems rather basic is a fucking fuel gauge. Sure, up/down quick-shifters, increased displacement, rider modes, IMU and all that bullshit would be nice but give me something other than having to open the tank and eye-ball the fucking fuel level at the track would be so awesome...

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
To fuck with you. They'll do it down the track...

One thing I'd love to see and it seems rather basic is a fucking fuel gauge. Sure, up/down quick-shifters, increased displacement, rider modes, IMU and all that bullshit would be nice but give me something other than having to open the tank and eye-ball the fucking fuel level at the track would be so awesome...
I reset my tripometer to 0 every time I fill the tank. It is an easy way to know how much further I can go before I need to fill up again. Number 1 trip meter is GAS, number 2 trip meter is for TIRES. It is nice to know how many miles I am getting on a set of tires. Q3 tires in the canyons ripping= very few miles( i.e. 1,000 miles).

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I reset my tripometer to 0 every time I fill the tank. It is an easy way to know how much further I can go before I need to fill up again. Number 1 trip meter is GAS, number 2 trip meter is for TIRES. It is nice to know how many miles I am getting on a set of tires. Q3 tires in the canyons ripping= very few miles( i.e. 1,000 miles).
I'm not stupid. I also use the trip meter but it's absolutely WORTHLESS on a track because the amount of gas you use is not CONSTANT like say on the road. So yes, I use the trip meter on the street but the track is where I would love a freaking gauge.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
My speed is never constant on the road. Nobody said you were stupid. Using the trip meter works. Even at full throttle. If it works for me in the canyons, it will work for you on the track. Southern California Canyon rides are as close to track riding as it gets.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.