·
Registered
821 Posts

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
My thoughts on the race:

Pretty boring altogether.

I honestly thought Zarco was going to get his first win. Glad to see him on the podium again.

Pedrosa was there at the front but never seemed to have the pace until the end. It was awesome seeing Pedrosa aggressively overtaking on the charge to the front and defending his position.

I feel actual, genuine disappointment for Dovi. My heart actually sank when I saw him out of the race. I knew that he probably couldn't win the race, but after he ran off the track I was so heartbroken that I wanted to turn the race off. This was by far the worst way for him to end the season and even if it was his own mistake, he didn't deserve to finish 2017 in the gravel.

Lorenzo .... holy crap. I'm not sure what the fuck happened here. Initially I thought that Ducati had a strategy to use Lorenzo since he was faster to tow Dovi up to the front of the race. Apparently my assumption was wrong. I can't process in my brain what Lorenzo was trying to do. There were at least five or six times *on camera* where Lorenzo was very obviously impeding Dovi. And even if you remove this very gray matter from the equation, Lorenzo was told in black and white to drop a position to Dovi, and he didn't. Lorenzo stated that he would help Dovi if he could, and he didn't, Lorenzo only cares about Lorenzo. This was the final nail in the coffin to me. He is an utter piece of shit. I will never understand how ANYONE can like him after this. He has no integrity, he's not a team player, and he's pretty clearly just a bitter human who has illustrated time and time again that he only cares about himself. I genuinely hope that Lorenzo gets fired and never sets his selfish ass on a motogp bike again.

My thoughts on the 2017 season :

Marquez .... what's to say? He's still the most talented human to ride a bike, and is a genuinely likeable, humble and endearing person as well. He is the future of this sport, and that is excellent with me.

Rossi and Vinales didn't deserve the season they had. It looks like Yamaha took a page out of the old Ducati playbook and made the riders work with the machine they had at the time. Not only did the bike not work in the wet or the heat, but the rear wouldn't last over race distance. As well, both of their riders had multiple crashes where the rear just gives out for no reason / that couldn't be explained. Why would Yamaha want them to continue in this way!?!?!?! WHY!? They should've gone back to the 2016 bike for the second half of the season. I am 100% convinced that Yamaha fucked both of their riders this season.

Zarco is incredible. The more I watch him the more I'm convinced he could be the next superstar. I know I've said this before, but he's cool under pressure, methodical and systematic, aggressive yet intelligent, and also a just a charming and down to earth dude. I am a bit shocked that he didn't win a race this season.

Dovi, the people's champ. He has by far been the highlight of the season. He has grown more than any other rider that I've seen, and he did it all in one season as the B rider under the shadow of Lorenzo. He and Pedrosa are the most likeable riders on the grid. Lorenzo being made to look like incompetent was the highlight of my season!

·
Director of Moderation
9,580 Posts
This was by far the worst way for him to end the season and even if it was his own mistake, he didn't deserve to finish 2017 in the gravel.
Nah, there's always worse ways. Like if Marquez would've crashed out early in the race, Dovi leading the race and then suffer an engine failure on the last lap or being crashed into by someone else. THAT would've been the worst way! :laugh

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
Nah, there's always worse ways. Like if Marquez would've crashed out early in the race, Dovi leading the race and then suffer an engine failure on the last lap or being crashed into by someone else. THAT would've been the worst way! :laugh

Or if he got taken out by Iannone on the last corner of the last lap...

....again :sigh:

·
Registered
5,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,585
A comprehensive breakdown of JLo vs Dovi's lap times by sector including consistency in the article below. Makes an interesting read. Not that it matters. Both crashed out and even if Marc would have crashed Dovi would never have caught up to Dani or Zarco needing to finish at least 2nd in order to win. The championship came to an end when Dovi succumbed to the pressure or bad setup in PI.

Los cronómetros juzgan a Jorge Lorenzo y Andrea Dovizioso. El “Mapping8Gate”

See article for all charts.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Lorenzo .... holy crap. I'm not sure what the fuck happened here. Initially I thought that Ducati had a strategy to use Lorenzo since he was faster to tow Dovi up to the front of the race. Apparently my assumption was wrong.
Why do you think you were wrong? For whatever we think about Lorenzo ignoring the directions, Dovi went down really soon after Lorenzo crashed out. I'm thinking that Dovi was keeping up with Lorenzo, and as soon as the rabbit was gone Dovi pushed a little more then very quickly crashed out. I think he just didn't have any more pace than keeping up with Lorenzo so was never really a threat to Zarco and Pedrosa...

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
10,436 Posts
Fuck pedrosa. Fuckin Aragon, Valencia and Jerez are tracks that favor little fuckin midgets.

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
Why do you think you were wrong? For whatever we think about Lorenzo ignoring the directions, Dovi went down really soon after Lorenzo crashed out. I'm thinking that Dovi was keeping up with Lorenzo, and as soon as the rabbit was gone Dovi pushed a little more then very quickly crashed out. I think he just didn't have any more pace than keeping up with Lorenzo so was never really a threat to Zarco and Pedrosa...

Because I'd started to believe Lorenzo finally realized that motogp doesn't revolve around him? ....that he'd showed a sliver of beginning to be humble? ....that he'd started to accept that HE needs to improve?

Don't bring Dovi into this. It has absolutely nothing to do with my comment.

1581 - 1588 of 1588 Posts