Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Josiah here. I am doing a stunt bike build and I am looking to purchase a 52 tooth sprocket kit. My question is most companies only supply up to 2013, are the 2013 sprockets compatible with the 2016zx6r. I figure I would ask you guys here rather than bug the various companies. I am not going to make the purchase until the stock parts are ready to be swapped out, but any info would be appreciated.

So far I have the Impaktech crash cage and sub cage, dual fan with Damage control radiator cage, and debating my rear hand brake set-up. In the mean time I just practice when I can, a lot of rain this time of season.

If any of you guys have recommendations on parts, companies, or products let me know. Or if you have parts to sell send me a PM.
Thanks.

I will post pics as I progress.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
update on build

Been awhile. I will post some better pics tomorrow or maybe a video. All together I have added Damage control radiator cage and dual fans, Impaktech crash and sub cages, 55 tooth sprocket with a stock front sprocket. My Brembo front rear hand brake just arrived with dominator clutch cap, but I am going to need some new bars to make it fit correctly. I am looking into some adjustable bars. I am not at the point to where I really utilize the rear hand break yet, so I just went with a cheaper version that taps directly into the same caliper. Basically, the foot and hand brake work the same caliper. I plan to upgrade this in the future with some other parts, but I need to let my account fill back up lol. down about 2k after all these mods, but I did them all myself which saved me a few bucks.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
next mods?

I am really wanting to do away with the controls on the left bar, but I would like to keep my blinkers. the power and traction control I don't care about. Not sure how to go about doing this, anyone know if they make eliminator kits for such a thing? I know most guys just take it all off. I guess I can just add more switches to the fairings, but I feel there is a better way. I know they have eliminator kits for the right-hand bars with the kill switch and power I just haven't seen any for the left side. Anyone ever done this or know the best way to approach it?

·
Registered
17 Posts
why not making sure your clipon is long enought for both the brake clutch lever and control unit. if you want to do it right and nice make the cable of the controller longer. This way you would keep a nice bike and not make it look like a junk bike. takes a little more time but looks better

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya, I am waiting for them to come, but they are fully adjustable in all the deminsions so it should work ok.

The rear handbreak I have cones with a clutch cap. It fits on the reservour instead of a seperate clamp so its only got one attachment which saves space, but eventually I am going to have seperate clamps for each lever.

I do need the longer bar for the controls tho.

·
Registered
197 Posts
All I did was flip my bars and turn them out. I cut the flare end off my left grip and it fits snug against my control unit. I had enough room for my rsc shorty clutch lever and handbrake lever. Works good for me. I can post a pic if it helps you get an idea

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ended up going with ConvertiBARS Stunt Series from "the sic shop".
I just bought those as well. Im in the works of stunting my 15' zx6r abs 30th anni . Ordered a cage and subcage and the convertibars. I come from a background of motocross so taller bars will definitely be more comfortable. Im still working out the kinks on my bike. Threw on a graves slip on, pops pretty bad, power also cuts out when i try and wheelie. Few of my friends that have stunted zx6's (older models) said it could be the "tip over sensor" makin the bike cut out once i stand it up... and also id like to figure out whats the best way to tune the bike... do i need to get rid of the servo and buy the servo delete plug in? Or can i take the servo out and tune the bike with a power commander? Also how can i disable the ABS and the traction control? Do i need to remove this "tip over sensor" Would it be best to just flash the ECU? So many questions lmao. Id like to figure this all out so i can go to a mechanic prepared with what i want so i dont get scammed and have my bike built...

·
Registered
197 Posts
I just bought those as well. Im in the works of stunting my 15' zx6r abs 30th anni . Ordered a cage and subcage and the convertibars. I come from a background of motocross so taller bars will definitely be more comfortable. Im still working out the kinks on my bike. Threw on a graves slip on, pops pretty bad, power also cuts out when i try and wheelie. Few of my friends that have stunted zx6's (older models) said it could be the "tip over sensor" makin the bike cut out once i stand it up... and also id like to figure out whats the best way to tune the bike... do i need to get rid of the servo and buy the servo delete plug in? Or can i take the servo out and tune the bike with a power commander? Also how can i disable the ABS and the traction control? Do i need to remove this "tip over sensor" Would it be best to just flash the ECU? So many questions lmao. Id like to figure this all out so i can go to a mechanic prepared with what i want so i dont get scammed and have my bike built...
Just gut the inside of the tip sensor and hook it back up.

I removed my servo and disconnected the cables but left the motor hooked up and it works just fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts