Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha everyone, just joined the group. Lets make this short and sweet. Went on a cruise. Stopped two minutes in to get gas. Rode down the hwy for 6 minutes then the bike bogs out and dies on me (lights still on). I coast down the road and off to the shoulder.. I towed it home. It's been 2 months now.. I have replaced with known working battery, replaced stator, rectifier, and starter relay solenoid. At this point, I'm 2 days away from just dropkicking this thing. Any experience and help would be appreciated. Literally have this bike torn apart and want help. Mahalos

·
Registered
13,063 Posts
Well....u didnt mention anything about the fuel pump. Have u checked that out?

What happens when u try to start it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Well I didn't take that into consideration due to the fact my tank is off. I just need it to surpass the tick tick tick from the solenoid

·
Registered
13,063 Posts
Tick tick tick from the solenoid when u try to start is a sign of dead battery.
U can hook the bike up to a car battery when doing your troubleshooting. The car battery holds more charge so it wont get depleted as fast as the bike battery. Dont turn the car on though!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can attempt, thanks. I had a started bike hooked to it during the process and it ran a 13 voltage, but still wouldn't start. Why would i need the initial Jumpstart? Because the stator doesn't have reserved power? Also u believe the bike is powerful enough?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have you tried bump starting it off?? You didn't put wrong fuel in did you, obv that wouldn't cause the starter not to work. Maybe faulty side stand switch or clutch switch?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts