Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
2 questions
1) Which Arrow header are you referring to cause the one for your bike has been out for years, same one as the 09

2) Why would you get a dyno tune if you already have a Z-AFM? It will only give you some arbitrary number unless you have a base run when it was stock.

To the OP good job, interested to hear how you make out.
I'd get it dyno tuned simply to squeeze out every bit of power out of the bike as possible. Sure, I can get the Bazzaz to give the correct amount of gas that I tell it to, but how do I know if that's the most efficient AFR the bike? 4krpm at 40% throttle might need 12.6 AFR, where 8krpm at 70% AFR might need 12.9 AFR. I don't know. It's a guessing game, cause I don't know what kind of power its putting out. You can't go off "feel." For all I know, my bike's power curve could be taking a nose dive. A dyno tune is the only way to get the power curve correct, most efficient, strongest, etc...

·
Registered
117 Posts
i wish they made this exhaust for the 09-12 as well :( awesome my friend great job

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello I’m new to this group and also just bought a brand new zx-6r (22). I just replaced the exhaust with an M4 street slayer slip on and noticed a lot of the air flow is going right on to the swing arm making it heat up quit a bit especially with this summer heat and high operating temps. I just wanted to make sure that this won’t cause any damage and see if others ran into this problem with the street slayer. Do you have to mount it an exact way to ensure the air flow is directed far enough from the swing arm or is something to expect with the street slayer? Thanks!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts