Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

2014 zx6r 636 8k mile review/mods

3K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  tac12345 
Can you list out everything that got changed when you had your ECU flashed? I have a 2013, and I bought a Bazzaz Z-FI and Z-AFM last week from Hard Racing, but it hasn't gotten here yet. I'm really looking forward to getting that installed so I can set up my fuel maps. I'm not planning on riding until it warms up and stops raining (so maybe by the end of the month or sometime early next month). Also, what was the turn-around time from sending your ECU in to getting it back? Also, how long have you had the ECU flashed?

I called Lee's Performance a little while ago to get more information about what gets changed in the flash. I didn't know that the stock ECU pulls timing above 12k rpm and that the secondary throttle blades don't open all the way either. I don't red line the bike often, but it'd be nice to have that power in the higher rpms too. I'll probably get my ECU flashed in a month or so. I've spent too much money on all these other parts over the last week.

Reactions: Omega Ninja
Ya Kawasaki has a lot restrictions built into the factory ECU and when U get the ECU flash it just changes the bike into a bad ass! I love the ECU flash! worth the $100. Plus with the flash u don't need the servo or a servo buddy. I can tell the intake note is louder at higher RPMs cuz the throttle bodies actually open up all the way!

Turn around time is quick! (couple of days) and the guy is super cool.
Good to hear. Couple of questions though. I have Driven Block Off plates on order as well as the Bazzaz Z-FI and Z-AFM. With the exhaust servo disabled and the pair valves disabled for the emissions stuff, do I still need anything plugged in for the exhaust butterfly valve connectino and do I still need to "jump" the connection, or can I just leave them disconnected and be fine (maybe wrap them with electrical tape or something to keep the connectors clean)?

Also, with your ECU flash, has your gas mileage suffered much if any? I'm expecting my gas mileage to drop a but (maybe) after I tune it with the bazzaz unit, but not sure if the adjustments in timing or allowing the throttle bodies to open up completely will lower it too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.