Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been debating on changing the sprockets to -1 and +2 when i change my chain in the next couple months. Has anyone done this on the 13+ ? I made this change on my 07 an made a noticeable difference.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
The '13 and the '07 use the same final drive ratio. The change will be the same on both bikes. Why would you expect the difference to be less noticeable?

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
It will make a noticeable difference in acceleration. Does your bike have traction control? Some people are reporting issues with the traction control system after changing sprocket sizes on the 2013+ bikes.

Also, you can use www.gearingcommander.com to play with different sprocket sizes and see what the changes will do.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Traction control yes

It will make a noticeable difference in acceleration. Does your bike have traction control? Some people are reporting issues with the traction control system after changing sprocket sizes on the 2013+ bikes.

Also, you can use Gearing Commander: Motorcycle Speed, RPM, Chain & Sprockets Calculator to play with different sprocket sizes and see what the changes will do.

Yes it does. Another concern I had, trying to do research to see the complications. I'm between just a -1 or the combo -1 an +2

1 - 4 of 4 Posts