Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Director of Moderation
10,506 Posts
'05 and up for the front wheel and '07 and up for the rear wheel. The '05-'06 rear wheels fit as well but require a bit of modification because otherwise the caliper bracket drags on the rotor bolts.

You'll probably want to transfer your pickup discs from your wheels the whatever you buy if they're pre-2013, if you want your TC and/or ABS to continue to work.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
'05 and up for the front wheel and '07 and up for the rear wheel. The '05-'06 rear wheels fit as well but require a bit of modification because otherwise the caliper bracket drags on the rotor bolts.

You'll probably want to transfer your pickup discs from your wheels the whatever you buy if they're pre-2013, if you want your TC and/or ABS to continue to work.
I dont have abs, so just use my old rotors?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
Director of Moderation
10,506 Posts
I dont have abs, so just use my old rotors?

It has nothing to do with rotors, but yeah you can use your rotors or if you get others they'll have to be from a 2013+ because they previous gens used smaller rotors.

But again, make sure you move the pick-up discs (or whatever the actual name of those things is) over to the new wheels or else your TC won't work.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let me see if I get this right. Once I get the previos gen 13 wheels. I have to use my 13 and up rotors on the pre 13 correct? Im a little co fused

·
Registered
631 Posts
The pickup ring he was talking about is the small metal ring with tons of little slots in it. It's for the speedometer and tcs, also abs if so equipped.

·
Director of Moderation
10,506 Posts
Oh the one on the left side?

Yes! It's used in conjunction with the wheel sensors to pick up speed. So when you take your rotors off to move them to the other wheels you're getting, be sure to move those discs as well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes! It's used in conjunction with the wheel sensors to pick up speed. So when you take your rotors off to move them to the other wheels you're getting, be sure to move those discs as well.
When you said "move those" do you mean just the third disc in the front right? The back has a rotor only?

·
Director of Moderation
10,506 Posts
No, both wheels have them. Look at your bike.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
It's just for decoration... :laugh

·
Registered
631 Posts
For what it's worth, I just had my front rim (2015) swapped for a 2012 rim and everything bolted right up. So 2009+ will definitely fit a 2013 model as long as you have all the proper hardware.

·
Registered
154 Posts
NO NO NO NO

Jesus does anyone here who posted even have a 13+ with 05 wheels on it!? Or are you all talking out your butts

The fronts 05+ are exactly the same, just have to use the appropriate year rotors as they vairy

The rears are NOT all the same!

For 2013+ they machined out a small lip for the tone ring to slide over. If you use a 05-12 wheel it will cause the tone ring to warp and not sit flush

(I will post photos by this weekend to show this)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts