Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
it's too soon... bike was recently released... i give to at least early spring or end of winter before you see items available for it....

me personally i'm waiting to see if this bike has any hidden bugs

·
Registered
879 Posts
T-Rex designed sliders for my 2013 636. Give them a call, they haven't put it on their website yet. I'm designing my own fender eliminator, picked up led's from an online store and getting the bracket mount from Home Depot. Bazzaz is looking for a 636 in SoCal to design their system on.

Reactions: jracerock69

·
Registered
11,663 Posts
it's "damper" not dampener... lol

And there's an option for one for the '13. I think it'll have a different top triple clamp as the stock triple doesn't have the bung for the damper like the '09-'12 bikes. Ask the dealer.

Are you planning on tracking/racing the bike? If not.... I wouldn't bother. The 0.5 degree decrease in rake on the '13 bike doesn't need the damper from what Kawi claims.

·
Registered
11,663 Posts
You donot have to change the tripple clamp. That ohlins dampner bolts right under the tripple clamp.
I stand corrected... I didn't see the place where it bolts under the triple. Figured it would mount the same way as the '09+

Good call. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Dynojet got back to me earlier this week and said they're waiting on a loaner bike from the dealership to model the PCV on. And I'm pretty sure the Rizoma crash guards for the 2009+ fit the 2013 properly.

·
Registered
50 Posts
T-Rex designed sliders for my 2013 636. Give them a call, they haven't put it on their website yet. I'm designing my own fender eliminator, picked up led's from an online store and getting the bracket mount from Home Depot. Bazzaz is looking for a 636 in SoCal to design their system on.
already got that bazzaz set up for this weekend:satisfied:

·
Registered
879 Posts
ye and i'll be getting it back with a custom pipe from FMF. I'll post up some pics when i get it back.
definitely, let me know when you get that bazzaz, that's next on my list of purchases for the '13 636

·
Registered
301 Posts
frame sliders will be the same as the 09-12, the mounts are the same size as the previous bike.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Wow the 636 has an option to put your own damper on it I might accualy buy one now. My question is can you bring this bike to the track? Because of the larger motor what class can you race in? The 600 still? seems like cheating to me

1 - 20 of 23 Posts