Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

2013 with LEDs installed

2K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  Texas636 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys. Just wanted to share this with everyone, see what everyone thinks. I bought the kit from xkglow, its a 10 piece kit with remote and 7 colors. I think it turned out pretty good.
I had a friend come help me install the LEDs but it was pretty easy. The hardest part is taking off the fenders and headlights. Other than that, the wiring is easy and doesn't take too long. What do you guys think?

this just looks amazing.

See less See more
#14 ·
thanks guys! and yeah i get you conrad, at first i thought the same but quickly got over it (my first bike came with it installed and i grew to like it)
i will take some more pictures in a couple days.
i saw the intake light on a bike on here and loved it!

#19 · (Edited)
I really like the LED's in the intake. I am planning on doing that with mine. Probably leave it with green.

There is a positive and a negative to this. Cops may or may not hassle you or pay more attention to you. The positive side is that other drivers should be able to see you a whole lot more at night.

While at work today, a guy came in and wanted to trade his bike in for one of ours. I don't remember why he left on his bike instead of one of ours, as it was one of my sales reps deals, but he came back an hour later with his friend and his mouth was bloody inside and out and his arm was scraped up pretty bad. He told me he had just got hit by a lady just minutes ago. So recent that his adrenaline was still pumping, he was shaking and the pain hadn't set in just yet. Then it did. I offered to call an ambulance, he declined. I offered to store his bike at my store and take him to the hospital in my truck, he declined. Good thing he didn't trade his bike for a new one today!

Apparently she didn't see him. It wasn't at night, but just a reminder to us at work who ride bikes that people don't look out for bikes!

Stay safe

#20 ·
I really like the LED's in the intake. I am planning on doing that with mine. Probably leave it with green.

There is a positive and a negative to this. Cops may or may not hassle you or pay more attention to you. The positive side is that other drivers should be able to see you a whole lot more at night.

While at work today, a guy came in and wanted to trade his bike in for one of ours. I don't remember why he left on his bike instead of one of ours, as it was one of my sales reps deals, but he came back an hour later with his friend and his mouth was bloody inside and out and his arm was scraped up pretty bad. He told me he had just got hit by a lady. Good thing he didn't trade his bike for a new one today!

Apparently she didn't see him. It wasn't at night, but just a reminder to us at work who ride bikes that people don't look out for bikes!

Stay safe
I do a lot of riding at night, and that is one of my biggest fears.

#23 ·
You're welcome indeed. Very clean install. Glad you got a friend that puts effort into his work for a project that's not his. I have seen it too many times with car stereos.

You are correct, although all states vary. They can't be flashing, especially if they are red and blue. Some states don't allow red and blue together.

Honestly, where I live now, in a town of around 85k people, I feel MORE safe riding in Dallas than I do here in Enid, Oklahoma. I get to hear tons of stories at work on a weekly basis, sometimes daily.

I sold a new flat matte grey R6 to a kid on March 25th. It was his first bike. I tried to talk him into getting a Ninja 300 or a CBR500R. He still went with the R6. He totaled it the first week of April. Finally got the "story" out of him. He says he was exiting off I-35 near OKC (Yes, he was going to Oklahoma City, 2 hours drive, a week and a half of getting his FIRST bike) and a big gust of wind from a semi blew him and he lost it. The bike landed in the field and flipped. He's still riding it.

I don't get what a semi is doing going the wrong way on an exit ramp, but OK. My guess is he was exiting, hit some gravel or just gave it too much throttle, slid the rear and immediately got off the throttle, possibly grabbing the brake.

It sucks, because that was the best looking bike on my showroom floor IMHO. If you haven't seen the matte grey R6's, they are pretty slick looking

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.