Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I was able to do it with the rear wheel on but there was some trick to it, I think I unloaded or compressed the rear suspension or used a stand or leaned it up on the kickstand or something to help pull the wheel back a little more. I THINK if you compress the suspension, it moved the rear tire back slightly and was enough for me to wedge it out. I can't exactly remember but I'm 100 % sure I did it without removing the rear tire because I didn't have a socket to loosen the rear axle yet and I did the exhaust myself.

Like mentioned above, you can loosen the rear axle, push the tire a little forward to remove the chain and then pull the tire all the way back to give you the clearance needed without actually removing the rear tire. Not a lot of people have a socket to do this though.

·
Registered
679 Posts
It's a kinda lame trick, but let the air out of your rear tire. The prechamber will come off. You should know how to take off your rear tire though. It's very easy.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Don't need to touch the axle, chain, or suspension on the 13 to remove the pre chamber. Deflate the rear wheel and turn the wheel as you remove the chamber. I ruined my gasket when I did mine because I rushed but the new one was cheap and I needed it for the Pinebox.

·
Registered
161 Posts
i was able to get mine off without taking the tire off, and while just on the kickstand. Just let a little air out of the tire.

it didnt look like it was possible for the first couple minutes, but i was told it was, so i kept twisting and trying to find different angles, and it finally popped out. Gasket was still fine too.

took me about 5 min of messing around with it, and im not sure how it finally made it, but it did.

if i were to ever put it back on, i would take the tire off for sure.. only reason i didnt, is i didnt have my stands around.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Ugh. Here's how you do it:

1. Lift bike on rear stand
2. Remove stock muffler
3. Loosen mid-pipe chamber from header pipe
4. Pull mid-pipe chamber towards rear of bike while rotating wheel forward

The tire will grip on the chamber and pull it down and back until it releases from the header pipe. The header has some give, so just let it give... don't fight it.

If you want to fight it, let the air out of your tire, loosen the rear axle nut and stretch it out.

jimundascores

·
Registered
314 Posts
I removed mine with the kickstand down rolled the bike a little letting the tire grip the prechamber with some help as I pulled slowly & wiggling a bit on the prechamber worked great.

·
Registered
8,196 Posts
I removed mine with hand tools. It was on it's kick stand. Air was 42psi rear and 36psi front. I removed the muffler first. Then on to the pre-muffler. I just moved it and wiggled it until it came off. I had zero issues. Installed a pinebox design link pipe in its place and replaced the muffler with a Yosh. RS-4. Sounds sick!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts