Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says, its a specific issue. I can start the bike no issues. Let it warm up, no issues. Once I put it in gear and start riding, still no issues. When i start to cruise (no throttle) occasionally the bike will turn off, and I have to put the gear in neutral to start the bike again. Sometimes I can do this while still rolling or come to a complete stop, but either way its almost like the engine stalls. Has anyone else experienced something like this? This only happens in the beginning. Once I have been riding for a few minutes, it doesnt do it anymore. Very odd.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Like the title says, its a specific issue. I can start the bike no issues. Let it warm up, no issues. Once I put it in gear and start riding, still no issues. When i start to cruise (no throttle) occasionally the bike will turn off, and I have to put the gear in neutral to start the bike again. Sometimes I can do this while still rolling or come to a complete stop, but either way its almost like the engine stalls. Has anyone else experienced something like this? This only happens in the beginning. Once I have been riding for a few minutes, it doesnt do it anymore. Very odd.
Your idle speed could be too low. It wouldn’t kill the bike to let it warm up a few minutes before you start riding either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,399 Posts
Having to put the bike in neutral to start it would make me suspicious of the idiot switches. Do the side stand and clutch switches act as they should, are they clean, so they operate freely?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Mine would do this as well . I would start it and let it run to temp start out of the parking lot and die at the stop sign … would repeat as 2-3 stop signs before the main road. I ended up adjusting the idle up to whatever the manual said. Dealer could not duplicate.

someone else here said there’s did it as well and there was a ecu recall .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts