Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finishing the install and track prep on the zx6r and I'm confounded by the underpan. Has anyone done the install of hotbodies for the 2013 without having to cut the underpan to fit the muffler chamber? In a crunch as track day is Friday and I did not realize there would be this dilemma. Have akro exhaust slip-on but not the full exhaust.

Thanks!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Idk how it is on the 13 zx6r install but on the 06+ r6 hotbodies plastics you have to have an aftermarket headers for it to fit. Not sure how it is on the zx6r but I'd double check if you need to run after market headers for the belly pan to fit.

·
Registered
879 Posts
You have to have a shorty aftermarket exhaust to use the hotbodies lower piece. If you try and install with the stock exhaust you'd have to cut too much away effectively ruining the belly pans ability to hold fluid. I have a graves exhaust and just had to cut a little circle out to make it fit.

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
On my '09 I have the same problem. The plastics need to be notches a little for the exhaust to not touch the plastic. My remedy? Bolt it up and roll with it. It touches the pipe in that one spot but I haven't had any issues with it. I'm guessing yours is the same as the lower isn't much different and the exhaust is pretty much the same as well.

·
Registered
879 Posts
@Sandman: you're right, what i'm saynig is that the stock exhaust has that GIANT chamber between the headers and the actual exhaust. that chamber is too big and the hotbodies lower fairing will not fit over it. i had to shave a little bit away from the lower piece on the right side to make room for the graves exhaust. you can see what i've done in this photo:

·
Registered
879 Posts
Hey ilotek where did you mount your regulator rectifier?
it is mounted with rivets to the inside of the left upper. i tried using velcro, but because there are no headlights, the rectifier is having to dissipate a lot more energy and almost melted the adhesive on the velcro. almost exactly where the rectifier is mounted on the OEM fairings, i put it in the same spot. the fuse box is just zip tied to the cable cluster.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Oh that's a good idea. thanks man
credit for that idea goes entirely to a guy I met @ ridesmart trackdays here in texas. dunno if he's on this forum but he rides an '14 S1000RR, '13 zx6r and ninja 300.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Just get a link pipe; had the same problem on my 2011 with the stock exhaust resonator. You can run a full length exhaust with the Hotbodies undertray this way.

·
Registered
79 Posts
it is mounted with rivets to the inside of the left upper. i tried using velcro, but because there are no headlights, the rectifier is having to dissipate a lot more energy and almost melted the adhesive on the velcro. almost exactly where the rectifier is mounted on the OEM fairings, i put it in the same spot. the fuse box is just zip tied to the cable cluster.
Can you post a pic of how you have it mounted im am going through putting hotbodies on my 2013 zx6r and dont know where to put it.

·
Director of Moderation
9,938 Posts
I don't think it fits with the chamber in there. With a full exhaust it fits just fine.

·
Director of Moderation
9,938 Posts
^I was replying to the thread topic.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts