Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know about a conversion to have dual low beams on the 2013 zx6r? Why the hell do they continue to make these beautiful bikes cyclops???

·
Registered
11,663 Posts
They make these bikes have the "cyclops" look (one low beam) for a very good reason. Safety.

Let's say you're coming to an intersection. There's a car coming waiting to turn into your lane of traffic. If you have both headlights running the front of your bike will appear to be a car at a further distance away than you actually are. Said car turns in front of you thinking you're actually a car much further away. Bam. You hit said car.

The perception from the drivers point of view is that "he looked like a car and I thought it was further away than that."

·
Registered
177 Posts
During the day I was driving down the road and saw a big old truck with very bright hid fog lights. I thought it was odd for someone to waste money like that on an old truck. When i got closer i could see it was a bike with 2 hid headlights. The lights were so bright the bike blended with the truck behind it.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
yup i prefer to have one headlight for low beam, and one for flash to pass as the new 636's have :) . and of course, if your lowbeam burns out, and your high beam burns out ..... you no more lights lol ..

Keep them separate !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts