Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched around but I can't seem to find anything regarding a baffle within the stock exhaust... So I guess my first question is does the stock exhaust have a baffle and if so, is it removable?

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Oh my lord... :coocoo

Never run a bike without an exhaust. He was implying that you should get an aftermarket one.
This exactly . Sorry should have been more specific ..

Don't waste your time fiddling with the OEM can ..remove it and grab an aftermarket slip on .

I assume you're just looking to make more noise ?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Not worth it man. First off the stock exhaust has a butterfly valve in it that you would have to weld to the wide open position. Second it has a very restrictive baffle, that is not removable. I guess you could use a long drill bit and bore a hole through it :O. Third the OEM exhaust plus the pre-chamber is very heavy. Why keep that added weight? IMHO it is a waste of time and complete defeats the purpose for performance. Save up your money for an M4 or similar inexpensive exhaust pipe.
Edit: RKT14 beat me to it. I was typing this novel on my Iphone. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea. I really want an M4 shorty but I was looking for a quick fix till I could get one. I'll just stick with the stock for now. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Yea. I really want an M4 shorty but I was looking for a quick fix till I could get one. I'll just stick with the stock for now. Thanks guys.
Good choice, M4 would be a wicked exhaust to go with, or Two bros but that's a bit more pricey .. Happy findings !

Ps ... 1000 Posts :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D::D

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Not worth it man. First off the stock exhaust has a butterfly valve in it that you would have to weld to the wide open position. Second it has a very restrictive baffle, that is not removable. I guess you could use a long drill bit and bore a hole through it :O. Third the OEM exhaust plus the pre-chamber is very heavy. Why keep that added weight? IMHO it is a waste of time and complete defeats the purpose for performance. Save up your money for an M4 or similar inexpensive exhaust pipe.
Edit: RKT14 beat me to it. I was typing this novel on my Iphone. :D
LoL, I can say this has happened to me too lol ! My bad !

M

·
0 Posts
I have a M4GP slip sitting in the box for my '14 636. I figured I would wait until after first service to put it on. The stock exhaust actually doesn't sound that bad. It's way louder than my buddies stock exhaust on his 05 zx6r. I CAN'T WAIT to put my M4GP on. I plan to leave that stage 1 silencer in as it's going to be much louder anyway over stock. I mena if the stock sounds this good, I can only image the M4GP. I also plan to remove that prechamber BS too. It's going to be awesome!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I have a M4GP slip sitting in the box for my '14 636. I figured I would wait until after first service to put it on. The stock exhaust actually doesn't sound that bad. It's way louder than my buddies stock exhaust on his 05 zx6r. I CAN'T WAIT to put my M4GP on. I plan to leave that stage 1 silencer in as it's going to be much louder anyway over stock. I mena if the stock sounds this good, I can only image the M4GP. I also plan to remove that prechamber BS too. It's going to be awesome!
Well you're going to have to remove the pre chamber anyway . That's how the M4 pipe is installed :) .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts