Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

2013 Airbox Question (stacks)

6K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  smokey11 
#1 ·
Can anybody tell me which stacks are the "short" stacks for the air ducts located inside or connected to the AirBox? I have not been inside the airbox yet and I want to make sure I order the right parts so I avoid return shipping and restocking fees if I'm wrong.

In the attached parts diagram, I am specifically referring to parts:

14073A

I Think 14073 are the short stacks (1 & 4) but you can't tell from the diagram. Appreciate anybody confirming for me if they have pics or go into their airbox a lot. Would spare me having to check myself or ordering the wrong part.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I don't remember any size difference when I was in there last week. This is the only pic I have of the air box. Not the best but might help?

Attachments

Reactions: RedAndBlack
#4 ·
I currently have my 2014 ripped apart. Let me go out in the garage and check, maybe take some pictures too.

#5 ·
I would say the two middle intake stacks are the tall ones and the two outside ones are the short stacks. I don't really see them being built as a short and tall intake stack, just the the two middle ones are tapered at the top, but either way, the outside ones are a tad shorter than the two middle ones.

Here is a picture of the rubber stacks I just took. I hope this helps

Attachments

#7 ·
On my 04 the shorter stacks are much shorter than the taller ones, which maybe means it would make more of a difference than it would on the 13'? And if I remember rightly the 2 talller ones were in the middle on mine too

#8 ·
That's odd when I ordered my velocity stacks from Attack Performance they actually modified the bigger ones or the ones on the outside. I ended up with four modified tall ones. That is strange that you heard to use the shorter stacks...

#9 ·
I thought in the original thread by zx racer it says to use the shorter stacks, hence the name "short stacks mod"? It's been years since I done it but I think that's the way I did

#10 ·
4. Velocity Stacks - remove the 2 "tall" oem stacks in the middle for 2 "short" oem v stacks, this way you will be runnin all 4 short, good for more mid-top end power & thats where our motors like to be

#11 ·
Attack velocity stacks

these appear to be all "tall" ones, or the ones on the outside...

#13 ·
Idk then cause Attack claim 4-5 hp gain with their stacks, but that could be why they modify the tall ones the way they do, they seem to have characteristics of both.

Reactions: Newyork
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.