Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

621 - 640 of 837 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Fuck!!!! That is expensive. Suzuki 600-750 price diff is only like 6 hundee. I know I know it's Suzuki, just sayin. Kawasakis 600-636=1400. Damn!!! I just expected more of a redesign. I'm sure that 11700 price is excluding traction control, someone correct me if I'm wrong

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Fuck!!!! That is expensive. Suzuki 600-750 price diff is only like 6 hundee. I know I know it's Suzuki, just sayin. Kawasakis 600-636=1400. Damn!!! I just expected more of a redesign. I'm sure that 11700 price is excluding traction control, someone correct me if I'm wrong
TC is standard I think.

·
Registered
11,661 Posts
I can't imagine the 636 won't come with a dampner.
If think I read on motorcycle.com that it did not have a steering damper. Maybe it's an electronic damper.:O
I noticed that too... I haven't found out yet, but I'm guessing their going to have the same damper system the new 10R will have. Ohlins electronic damper. Just a guess though... I wouldn't imagine it NOT having a damper.

·
Administrator
8,182 Posts
He raises a good point. A sad loss to the club racing scene unless they want to pit themselves in the open class.

Sonic: I know where you can find an 06 R6, dirt cheap. It just needs a little T-L-C.

·
Registered
11,661 Posts
This new zx6r looks like a joke, might switch to Yamaha...sigh...I mean it doesn't even come with 600cc making it illegal for most race classes! Kawasaki is retarded.
I've been saying this for months... but seeing as how Kawi has pulled ALL factory support for road racing (at least in the U.S.) there really isn't a point to a 599cc bike. Unfortunately.

We will see! Maybe there's gonna be a new RR too? :O

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'll answer a few questions and then this will most likely be my last post on the subject.

There will be no homologation unit for the US. There is a slim chance Europe may launch one, but we won't see it here.

The damper is gone. The stock unit was pretty much useless anyway and the chassis in stock geometry doesn't need it. Kawasaki will be offering an Ohlins as an accessory.

Traction control is standard, ABS is an option. The TC functions like the ZX-14R's, the first two modes being from the 10R, the third mode being from the Concours. Think fast for 1-2, safety for 3. You will not be able to turn off the ABS.

The front fork is a new design for a street bike, it's called a Single Function Fork - Big Piston. Essentially the left fork houses spring preload, the right fork has compression and rebound. This has been used on several dirt bikes very effectively for a few years now and works equally well on the new ZX-6R.

There is no comparing the out going bike to one as old as 04, the 13 is no different. Although spec sheets are fun to compare they far from tell the whole story. You'll either need to ride this bike or wait for the magazine tests to make judgement but I would not do it simply based on the numbers you have now. The suspension offers a much greater range of adjustment than last years bike allowing a plush ride for the street but the ability to really dial in for trackday use.

The over all chassis is an evolution, it's essentially the same with some minor tweaks to the rigidity and a slightly decreased rake thanks to a revised shock linkage.

The bike did pick up a little bit of weight, less than 3 pounds, due to the use of heavier materials in some areas to keep the MSRP down. The dream of manufacturers dropping 10lbs every model year is just that.

The new bike works very well, trust me. If any of you think you can do better while meeting international government requirements and a price point this low there's about 200 Japanese engineers and accountants that would like to speak with you. Feel free to PM me if you have questions moving forward, but I'm punching out of this topic like a Marine out of C-130!

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
I'll answer a few questions and then this will most likely be my last post on the subject.

There will be no homologation unit for the US. There is a slim chance Europe may launch one, but we won't see it here.

The damper is gone. The stock unit was pretty much useless anyway and the chassis in stock geometry doesn't need it. Kawasaki will be offering an Ohlins as an accessory.

Traction control is standard, ABS is an option. The TC functions like the ZX-14R's, the first two modes being from the 10R, the third mode being from the Concours. Think fast for 1-2, safety for 3. You will not be able to turn off the ABS.

The front fork is a new design for a street bike, it's called a Single Function Fork - Big Piston. Essentially the left fork houses spring preload, the right fork has compression and rebound. This has been used on several dirt bikes very effectively for a few years now and works equally well on the new ZX-6R.

There is no comparing the out going bike to one as old as 04, the 13 is no different. Although spec sheets are fun to compare they far from tell the whole story. You'll either need to ride this bike or wait for the magazine tests to make judgement but I would not do it simply based on the numbers you have now. The suspension offers a much greater range of adjustment than last years bike allowing a plush ride for the street but the ability to really dial in for trackday use.

The over all chassis is an evolution, it's essentially the same with some minor tweaks to the rigidity and a slightly decreased rake thanks to a revised shock linkage.

The bike did pick up a little bit of weight, less than 3 pounds, due to the use of heavier materials in some areas to keep the MSRP down. The dream of manufacturers dropping 10lbs every model year is just that.

The new bike works very well, trust me. If any of you think you can do better while meeting international government requirements and a price point this low there's about 200 Japanese engineers and accountants that would like to speak with you. Feel free to PM me if you have questions moving forward, but I'm punching out of this topic like a Marine out of C-130!
Interesting. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Genuine 2013 ZX6R info + pic

hi guys ive not been on for a while but i came across this today and thought you guys might wanna see it, the info and pic below is taken from Kawasaki uk genuine web site, i have provided the article and link plus pics which were taken on the isle of man

New street-focused supersport Ninja ZX-6R launched

13 September 2012
New street-focused supersport Ninja ZX-6R launched

Capitalising on the strengths of the highly competitive engine and chassis package of the 599 cc Ninja ZX-6R (ZX600R), the new Ninja ZX-6R expands its area of expertise, offering performance and riding excitement in a wider range of situations.
With displacement increased to 636 cc, the new bike offers more performance at all rpm as well as great usability in everyday street-riding situations. Additionally, with chassis settings focused on winding roads, the new bike is able to deliver riding exhilaration in situations ranging from the track to the hills, and the highway to the city.

The most advanced mid-size supersport model Kawasaki has ever produced, the new Ninja ZX-6R is loaded with cutting-edge technology to help a wider range of riders enjoy its serious sport riding performance. Features like 3-mode KTRC, Power Mode selection and KIBS come directly from our flagship models. Debuting on this bike, new fork and clutch technologies further increase this bike’s potential for fun and exciting riding.

KEY FEATURES

Even more performance!
- The 37 cm3 advantage: Longer stroke engine increases displacement from 599 cm3 to 636 cm3.
- Superior power and torque at all rpm.
- Superior acceleration.
- Strong low-mid range torque and easy-to-control engine character means increased everyday usability.

Fully loaded with advanced technology:
- Next-generation fork: SFF-BP (Separate Function Fork - Big Piston) Combines Showa SFF and BPF technologies. Delivers both racetrack performance and everyday usability.
- Advanced racing-derived technology: F.C.C. Assist & Slipper Clutch.
- Clutch actuation is light, with sporty feel.
- Back-torque limiting function.
- Clutch torque capacity increased without increasing weight.
- 3-mode KTRC x Power Mode selection: Kawasaki’s latest traction control system + 2 selectable Power Modes = 8 combinations covering a wide range of riding situations.
- Supersport-grade ABS: KIBS (Kawasaki Intelligent anti-lock Braking System) High-precision, small-increment pressure management.

Sport-riding benefits:
- Minimal intrusion during hard riding.
- Helps suppress rear wheel lift during hard braking.
- Takes into account back-torque from downshifts.

Ninja Styling:
- Latest Aggressive Ninja Styling: Design appears to flow from front to rear.
- Styling elements based on the Ninja ZX-10R for a strong family resemblance.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
My bank account is crying right now it knows its gonna disappear
hahahaha mine's getting real nervous as well, I'd have a harder time justifying it though I just got my '11 4 mos. ago (and I NEED that s1k HP4) well regardless my account knows its going to disappear to somewhere just doesn't know where yet haha

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I have had my current 636 over a year and love it but that new bike seems built like its unstoppable

621 - 640 of 837 Posts