Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 636.. Who has adjusted their suspension settings?

Mine just ticked over to 1000 miles and i'm a little embarrassed to admit that i haven't touched the factory suspension settings.

I'm 190lbs and i'm reading it might be beneficial. I don't hit the track or canyons, does it matter?

·
Registered
580 Posts
For the track you definitely want it set, but even for just around the street I would still set the sag. Then you can tweak rebound and compression depending on how the bike feels for you. If you go wrong you can always revert to the out of the box settings and start over.

I've got a little over 200 miles and haven't adjusted them yet, but will shortly.

·
Registered
879 Posts
there are a few things you should set for yourself, but you'll need help to accomplish, like setting sag.

Suspension Tuning by Dave Moss

Dave Moss is a suspension guru and a few guides have been posted ranging from beginner to advanced.

The best possible deal you can find though is usually goto a trackday (even if you don't plan on riding) and get the on site suspension guy to set you up. @ RideSmart events in Texas, Roger w/ onroad-offroad is onhand and charges $40.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I set my sag settings by clamping one end of my tape measure to the bottom of the fork, so when I sat on the bike I could measure the rider sag solo, and did the same on the back clamping it to the swingarm at the axle. Up top I used blue painters tape with a line drawn on it.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Had mine adjusted by Dave Moss at a track day I was at. I thought I was at least close after setting my sag.. NOPE. He cranked the front down another 3 1/2 turns, and completely re-adjusted everything. I weight 170lbs.

World of difference. This was a track setup though, I backed it off on the street. Too rough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts